Smacca6
Level 1: Cadet

De-activate my Samsung and Activate my Iphone 6. New sim but keeping the same phone number.

I received my new Iphone 6 in the post last week. I have not had a chance to get it up and running yet. I am currently using a Samsung Galaxy ACE.  I organised the contract via online chat with a Telstra Rep. I have still be using and making calls with my Samsung. Only today has it not allowed me to make calls on it any more. However I cannot make calls on my Iphone either. When I dial a number it looks as though it will work but then goes back to the keypad screen as though the calls are still blocked. The new phone has a new SIM. But the arrangement was that I could keep my number.

1. How do I activate my new phone and deactivate my old one?

2. How can I transfer over all my contacts from my old phone to my new one?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
DingoDan
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: De-activate my Samsung and Activate my Iphone 6. New sim but keeping the same phone number.

Hey Smacca6,

Welcome to Crowd Support Smiley Happy

I am sorry to hear of the issues with being able to use the new handset as yet and do apologise for any inconvenience that this has caused you Smiley Sad We do need to get a look into the order for the SIM card to ensure that this has been activated correctly on the new device and plan. My colleagues in the Live Chat team can assist with this and are available to assist 24/7 via:

http://tel.st/hsc3

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Smacca6
Level 1: Cadet

Re: De-activate my Samsung and Activate my Iphone 6. New sim but keeping the same phone number.

It's OK, I found out I just had to switch my phone off and back on again and it works!!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit