Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Delivery of preordered iPhone5

I ordered my iPhone 5 online on 15.09.12 and received email from Telstra on 19.09.12 that my iPhone is despatched but I am still waiting. Tried to check the delivery status , no one helped. Yesterday startrack website was down but now status is " in transit ".  Not happy at all. What is the use of preorder. Now I have to wait till Monday to receive my phone.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Re: Delivery of preordered iPhone5

I preordered on the 15th as well. I called up on Thursday and they told me that it was still bein processed so I asked if I could cancel it and go Instore on Friday when it's released.. The man on the phone said its best not to cancel it incase I go Instore and they're sold out then at least I've got one on preorder still. He said If I go Instore and am lucky to get one they can cancel my preorder there at the store which Is what I did Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Level 4: Private Eye

The benefit or preorder is that youre guaranteed the phone. Although you might not be happy about this small delay it sure as hell beats going to any telco or apple store within the first week of the release. I work for a telco company and I can tell you, ordering online is the best way to guarantee one! I even ordered mine online! It may seem a little disappointing right now but be thankful youre guaranteed the phone unlike so many others who camped out and still missed out.

Highlighted
Level 4: Private Eye

@okronny

I wouldnt suggest for any one else to follow this method. It clearly states when you place your order online that you can not then cancel it and go into store to get it. Although you had a positive outcome from it, I wouldnt suggest anyone else doing it. You also can not do this at the telco that I work with either. The system that we use doesnt allow you to cancel orders already placed without bringing up cancellation fees of the entire contract. You then have to get authorisations to credit the fee of over $1000 and you can't do that easily at all. In some cases it wont even allow you to put on that much credit. So to avoid getting yourself a cancellation bill and then having to argue it, I would just have the patience and wait it out.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit