Does Telstra 24x7 chat work on iOS?

Answered

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
colonia
Level 2: Rookie
Accepted Solution

Re: Does Telstra 24x7 chat work on iOS?

Thank you. Belated reply as I'm overseas. Detailed response to file in the karma bank and maybe help the next person who gets stuck overseas with roaming not working Smiley Happy

Can confirm that on iOS 12, Telstra 24x7 chat will only work if you request the desktop site. This is independent of browser - I tried with Safari, Chrome and Firefox, none will work unless you request the desktop site.

Telstra 24x7 chat works fine on Safari, Chrome and Firefox with the desktop site. A separate mini-window appears for the chat, just as it does on a computer. On the normal mobile site, this window does not appear.

In Safari and Chrome, "Request Desktop Site" is an option available from the Share menu, accessed by clicking the Share icon - looks like a square with an arrow pointing up, https://www.onlinewebfonts.com/icon/108658 .

Safari - in the top address bar on an iPad, in the bottom icon bar on an iPhone
Chrome - in the top address bar on an iPad, next to the address on an iPhone

In Firefox, "Request Desktop Site" is an option available from the "Actions" menu, accessed by clicking on the ellipsis icon (three dots in a row) in the address bar.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

It can, but you normally need to load a different browser as Safari doesn't play nice with it. Also, it works better if after trying to load the initial page if you go in to the browser settings and tell it to request the Desktop Site.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
colonia
Level 2: Rookie
Accepted Solution

Thank you. Belated reply as I'm overseas. Detailed response to file in the karma bank and maybe help the next person who gets stuck overseas with roaming not working Smiley Happy

Can confirm that on iOS 12, Telstra 24x7 chat will only work if you request the desktop site. This is independent of browser - I tried with Safari, Chrome and Firefox, none will work unless you request the desktop site.

Telstra 24x7 chat works fine on Safari, Chrome and Firefox with the desktop site. A separate mini-window appears for the chat, just as it does on a computer. On the normal mobile site, this window does not appear.

In Safari and Chrome, "Request Desktop Site" is an option available from the Share menu, accessed by clicking the Share icon - looks like a square with an arrow pointing up, https://www.onlinewebfonts.com/icon/108658 .

Safari - in the top address bar on an iPad, in the bottom icon bar on an iPhone
Chrome - in the top address bar on an iPad, next to the address on an iPhone

In Firefox, "Request Desktop Site" is an option available from the "Actions" menu, accessed by clicking on the ellipsis icon (three dots in a row) in the address bar.

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit