Beanie35
Level 2: Rookie

Emailing from iPhone in Peru

Hello, I’m in Peru on a holiday and I can receive emails but when I send an email it says Invalid Email address? I even re-type instead of the Contact name. And it still won’t said. Can anyone please give some advice of what I might be missing! Thanks heaps In advance

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
MattyC
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Emailing from iPhone in Peru

Sorry for the frustration, Beanie. Is your device automatically making the first letter a capital? What's the make and model of the device you're using? Is it a mobile phone or a laptop? Tablet? - Matthew.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Beanie35

Hi Matt

Thanks for the reply dude. I’m using a IPhone X.

ill check soon on the email address as I’m on another phone atm.

I do my emails on the X.

I don’t think I’m using Caps.

i even changed the port & updated credentials which has helped in receiving.

MattyC
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks. See if you can "Reply" to an email you've received. That will auto-populate the address, so we know its keyed in correctly. - Matthew. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Beanie35

Hi Matt,

I double checked and sent an email with all lower case and it says invalid email again. It must be something to do with the mail server in Peru for outgoing mail. It’s frustrating as I can’t tell my folks I’m all good as they are a bit behind with technology, oh well I’ll keep trying 

TanashaM
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for letting me know, can I please confirm are you using Telstra Network with International Roaming or are you using a local Wi-fi? 

ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

You're having a problem sending as the local network has it's own SMTP (Sending server  "code" ).....which you need to find out and insert.

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
Beanie35

Ahh ok will do, I’ll have a look and see how I go cheers

Beanie35

I’ve tried googling SMTP codes Peru to no avail I’ve tried updating using smtp.telstra.com instead of mail.bigpond and that hasn’t changed anything.

its getting annoying now as I have emails I really need to reply to now.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit