Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

End contract and upgrade my mobile without penalty

Do Telstra still allow you to end your contract early without penalty and upgrade your mobile if you only have 3 months remaining?

My contract ends 11 Jan, and I would like to preorder the new Iphone 6s Plus now so that I have it for next month which would be 3 months before my contract ends. I'm hoping that there will be no penalty fees for this. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Re: End contract and upgrade my mobile without penalty

Hi Buzz, yes you can re contract early and pre-order a new iphone, however there will be a payout/penalty payable. That's standard on a contract that ends 3 months prior the end date.

If you log into your My Account page, you'll be able to see what the amount appricable to your account would be.

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Yes I've already seen how much the payout is to end my contract early however, over the years Telstra have waved that payout when I've had less than 3 months remaining on my contract. So you're saying they no longer do that? The only way to avoid paying the penalty for early termination is to wait until January before upgrading?

Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Basically yes Buzz, and particularly with something like the iphone due to the popularity and demand, however, you could always try. You never know it might just be your lucky day.

As the old saying goes, never hurts to ask.

I'd say try face to face in store at your local Telstra shop, I like face to face and hearing and seeing exactly what goes down.

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit