SP52
Level 1: Cadet

eSim to replace pre paid sim

I am going to purchase the new iphone XS because it allows the use of two numbers on one phone. 

I want to insert a UK sim card in the sim slot but i want to know whether Telstra will support the eSim so that I can change my pre paid telstra sim for an eSim to allow me to use both numbers from the same phone. The UK network will not support eSim so im really hoping Telstra will do ? 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
DrQ
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: eSim to replace pre paid sim

Telstra OneNumber for the Apple Watch is based on the eSim capability, however taking it up as a full service is going to be different for the providers.

I haven’t seen any official information about them offering it and they hadn’t offered it on eSIM enabled iPads before either.

I wouldn’t hold my breath but you will most likely find they will, based on previous behaviour, wait until Apple have it ready to release to make their announcement that they will roll it out from that date.

At the current ETA that could be anywhere until Christmas by Apple as the release info for it says it will be added later this year by a software update.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

DrQ

On a side note, it is mostly likely that it would be made only available to those in a plan at least initially, starting with residential plans then eventually business plans and then to prepaid usually last.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

RugbyFan05
Level 1: Cadet

Here is a list of countries and their providers that support eSIM.
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209096

Unfortunately, Telstra is not listed and I doubt this will change anytime soon.

Beachman
Level 2: Rookie

You can get an eSim from GigSky... you can do it quickly online and it will work worldwide and its best to use data only and Facetime/Skype/Messenger etc for voice calls..

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit