GIB
Level 1: Cadet

Excess Mobile Data Usage Charges

After numerous calls to Telstra and after much frustration I am now attempting to resolve my problem by using this forum to hopefully get answers or some form of resolution to my problem. Since signing up for a 24 month plan ($49) and paying an additional $25 for the iPhone 4S, The monthly data charges have been gradually increasing month by month for the last 6 months. The plan allows for 1Gig of data and the monthly usage is only 70meg, I'm thinking a additional charge of $120 to $140 a month is a bit over the top. I have made numerous enquiries with people in the know and all have told me that the codes have not been applied correctly to my account, even feed back from Crowd Support confirms this - but No! do you think I can get a straight answer from my Case Manager. No-one seems to give a damn - Telstra's advise to date has been turn "off" data usage on the phone and increase my data pack by $29 a month. We have 5 iPhone 4S's in the house and not one of the others have this issue and the young one's use theirs flat strap 24/7.

HELP SOMEONE!   

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Caaf
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Excess Mobile Data Usage Charges

Sorry to read that life is not treating you well!

So it sounds like you're on a pay as you go rate ($2 per MB) and your data pack isn't being implemented to your account.. End of story..

Sadly we can't help you here as this is an open public forum. Yes Telstra reps do reside here and hopefully they'll see your case and possibly take you on board or direct you in the right direction so there's a solution, however you'll more than likely have to deal with the bean counters on the other end of the phone and keep dealing with them until its resolved...

Just remember not BS to much as being short and clear will resolve your issue quicker hopefully.

Cheers,
Dave

Esther
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Excess Mobile Data Usage Charges

Hi GIB,

I've sent you a private message to investigate this further for you

Thanks

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit