Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

faulty my testra app

Answered

I have upgraded 24/7 app to "my telstra" app. on iphone 5 and now cannot login to my telstra account.

I have done all the usual. reinstall etc. It takes my username and password and then goes nowhere!! gives no message at all just blank screen.

I can only therefore see the data usage current on the mobile number.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: faulty my testra app

Hi @hickie

Thank you for getting back to me 

If you've already been in touch with support and they have said they are looking into it, they would be looking into it. 

Unfortunately, there are longer than usual delays with everything at the moment, but I am confident they will resolve any app issues as soon as possible. 

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the My Telstra App to see if this assists?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @hickie

My apologies for any issues you're experiencing with the My Telstra App

What version of iOS is your iPhone 5 running?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

12.5 IOS

Highlighted

telstra support told me "they were working very hard to solve issues with the app"

I have to say Im sceptical given all the promotions of the app and the many things it is needed for??

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hi @hickie

Thank you for getting back to me 

If you've already been in touch with support and they have said they are looking into it, they would be looking into it. 

Unfortunately, there are longer than usual delays with everything at the moment, but I am confident they will resolve any app issues as soon as possible. 

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the My Telstra App to see if this assists?

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Well I’ve just fixed my problem by enabling cookies!!!!!!!! 

The 24/7 app didn’t need that apparently. So now if I’m to use the app I have to enable cookies on my browser for ALL sites. NOT GOOD.! 

Being told by tech that they are working hard to fix the issues with app destroys all credibility. Didn’t anyone think of cookies???? 

App is good but unblocking cookies for all sites to use it is very bad. 

Highlighted
Level 5: Eagle Eye

The new My Telstra app is absolute junk. Witness the zillion one star reviews on Play. What is Telstra thinking?? Give us back the old 24 x 7 app. It wasn't perfect but it was better than this excuse for an app.

Highlighted

My problem turned out to be that I had Cookies turned off on my phone as I always do. Didnt matter to the old app but obviously critical to the new!! Annoys me that cookies are now enabled for everything!! No one gave me any hint as to that possible cause. I would have thought that would be an obvious thought for anyone in support. I eventually tried it out for myself. ("Have you tried re loading the app" The go to for "I havent got a clue"  !!)

Highlighted

I dont mind the new app otherwise!

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

I have the same problem, Telstra offer no help at all.

Highlighted

I needed to turn on "Cookies" on my iphone. I usually always keep them OFF.

problem solved. telstra never even though of that!!!!!

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks, I have tried that but it didn’t work either.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit