nic13b
Level 3: Gumshoe

Feels like the run around

I placed my order for 128gb silver iphone 6+ early 13/09. I received my confirmation email from Telstra not long after. As I am recontracting I was told the usual that a Telstra rep would call me to confirm the fees. After a few days I had heard nothing more and I contacted live chat to get an update. After questioning the rep they said they could put a note on my order to say I accept the charges and I should receive my next email the following day. After not receiving the email as advised I contacted live chat again and spoke to a rep from the order processing team who said she would process my order straight away and again advised I should receive my confirmation email in a few days. I was also given a new order number. I was now able to check the status of my order online and within 24hrs it went from PENDING - IN PROGRESS and this morning when I checked it said DELAYED. I again live chatted with a rep and was told the system probably sent it out automatically because of the overload of traffic but I can rest assured a phone has been allocated to me and has left the warehouse and I should receive it by Wednesday next week. However even though I was advised my order has left the warehouse they were unable to provide me with a consignment note number and my Telstra order number doesn't work on the Star Track website. I also still have not received my second confirmation email.

Another concern that I have been advised by Telstra is just a generic way of adding either iphone 6/6+ on to accounts is that my order status says ADD TELSTRA SMARTPHONE 6 and I am now worried after seeing it happening to quite a few other orders os that I will receive the iPhone 6 instead of 6+ as ordered.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
IvanS
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Feels like the run around

Hi nic13b,

Not good to hear of the runaround! I would suggest getting in contact with the Online Orders team via the number supplied in your confirmation email (should be 1300131113), they are open 24/7 and see the order from submission to completion. 

They can check all the details and see if the order does contain a consignment number. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

gerdschenkel
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi there - yes, the order status is automatically generated and not designed specifically for the iPhone order rush. I'm happy to check up for you from here if you give me your order number. Thanks.
Gerd Schenkel
Telstra Digital
nic13b

Thanks Gerd Schenkel. My order number is 1-277891156697 for a silver 128gb iphone 6 plus
Ashley
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi nic13b,

We definitely have the correct phone ordered for you. Your order is in progress at the moment and we are just waiting for a phone to be allocated at our warehouse to your specific order so we can send it out, which is why the reference isn't working on the StarTrack website. As soon as the phone has been shipped we will update you so that you can track your order.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

gerdschenkel
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

I see Ashley replied below. I'll also double check from here.
Gerd Schenkel
Telstra Digital
nic13b

Yes if you could please double check Gerd as I have been told several times a handset has already been allocated to my order and it is dispatched and will be delivered to me no later than Wednesday 24/09

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit