Pjando
Level 1: Cadet

Handset purchase

I want to purchase an iphone handset only and pay for it over 36 months.  I already have a data plan.  I don't seem to be able to add the handset only to my account - it wants me to choose a plan to go with it and upgrade my existing service or add a new one and it's very complicated.  Why isn't it possible to just add the handset to my account???

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Palpatine
Level 20: Director

Re: Handset purchase

Yes Pjando, seems simple but what you are asking is a little beyond on-line self service.

In your case I'd personally go into a Telstra Shop and work through your options in person. Going into the shop might get you the phone earlier too, as there are some delays in on-line deliveries.

132200 or online chat might work, but they are difficult to get through on at the moment

If I've been of assistance please assist others by marking the post accordingly. Click the "Like" button,
Palpatine has participated in Social Media accreditation through Telstra and has access to some enhanced support and escalation processes. Palpatine is not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely his own.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit