Dave12343
Level 1: Cadet

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!! Iphone 11 faulty and poor customer service

Answered

My iphone 11 (still under warranty, bought on a plan in march 2020 through a Telstra store) switches itself off then back on constantly. I sent it away through the Telstra store at the start of October 2020. The phone was returned still faulty 2 weeks later. Sent the phone away again from the same Telstra store only for it to be still sent back faulty 2 more weeks later- they just factory reset it. The Telstra store told me to contact a complaint manager to resolve the issue. I made a complaint through Telstra complaint manager requesting a new phone (which they don't do anymore I was told, only repairs). The complaint is still unresolved as of 20/1/21.

I have contacted Telstra literally 100 times via their ridiculous text messaging service and over the phone (sometimes waiting over an hour to talk to someone) to try to resolve the issue and have gotten nowhere. I have made a complaint with the Telecommunications Ombudsman at the start of Dec 2020 but due to high demand am still waiting on a case manager.

My current Telstra complaint manager has made every excuse under the sun to avoid resolving my complaint. He even told me that he could not contact me at an agreed time as his daughter had died in a car accident!!! What a thing to tell a customer! We have come to several agreements (upgrade to iphone 12 on same plan, re-imbursement of device repayments while device was faulty and to send a return satchel so the faulty phone can be returned) but every time we get to this point he stops contacting me for 1-2 weeks, makes up some BS excuse and then i have to text Telstra and try to get them to call me again. Then whole process starts all over again.

I'm at my wits end with them making excuses, not contacting me to try to resolve my case, being rude. He told me that I am being difficult!!! I JUST WANT A PHONE THAT WORKS AND WHAT I AM PAYING FOR!!!!! NOTHING MORE!!!!!!

I am still paying the full amount of my bill.

I made 3 complaints to the office of the CEO Telstra via online and they have not contacted me either (in regards to comments about dying children and the poor service I am receiving)!!!!

I have requested a new complaint manager mid December 2020 which still has not happened!!!!!

I'm about ready to tell them where they can stick their 25 years of my loyalty as a customer, their $200 a month payments I make (phone, internet and ipad) and their faulty iphone!!!!!

I am ready to go to the media to share my story... I have everything documented and screen shots of the text messaging service since the issue started.

Someone please help!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: HELP!!!!!!!!!!!! Iphone 11 faulty and poor customer service

I agree with @ProfessorPhone , deal directly with Apple. It will be a lot quicker and you will be able to get it resolved faster (although the people who did the last "repairs" are actually Apple as that is who it is sent away to) as you will be dealing with the company who does the repairs that way.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

If under warranty you can take your phone to any Apple store Genius Bar. Best to take proof of ownership. Just discuss the

Actual technical problem with them and not your issues with Telstra. You have that choice.

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
Jupiter
Accepted Solution

I agree with @ProfessorPhone , deal directly with Apple. It will be a lot quicker and you will be able to get it resolved faster (although the people who did the last "repairs" are actually Apple as that is who it is sent away to) as you will be dealing with the company who does the repairs that way.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

Ideally you should choose an Apple Store, click on Genius Bar bookings for that store, and make an appointment.

Lots of people take a chance and turn up and choose to wait, if they're not extremely busy, which they usually are.

Remember, the official Apple Warranty is 1 year, But...  they always cover you for the 2nd year (in respect to Australian Consumer Law).

When you're at Apple, please keep your Telstra issues to yourself, and you will walk out of there delighted 99.9% of the time.

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
Dave12343
Level 1: Cadet

Sorry I should’ve added that my closest apple store is 3 and a half hours drive away which means that is not an option. 

Jupiter

Contact Apple Support via Apple Repair and Repair Status Check - Official Apple Support and they should be able to organise it for you.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit