Kyky123
Level 1: Cadet

Hotspot

Has anyone experienced this AND can explain why it is happening??

I have a smart tv and was successfully using my hotspot on my apple I phone SE2020 (no updates pending) until I used up my data on last prepaid recharge and got a message that ‘I had data in my data bank (Rolled over days of 90gb) and that it would switch to that automatically’.  I don’t think it has, or the tv doesn’t recognise it, as I have not been able to connect to the tv since then and as that is the only thing that has changed It must have something to do with not reverting to the ‘rolled over data’ but....I am able to access that data to watch what I want on my tiny phone screen. I have tried numerous times each day to connect to tv.

I have, for over 24 hours, been trying to communicate this problem to Telstra....need I say unsuccessfully. I have explained the problem every which way but still no indication that they even understand what I am communicating. Again, it is being passed on to their tech support🤔😩

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Greg_Buch
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Hotspot

Hi Kyky123, if you still have credit remaining from your recharge your mobile should switch over to use any allowance in your data bank. Have you received any updates from our Prepaid teams since posting here?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit