Sm3GGy
Level 2: Rookie

How to find PUK code on micro sim

Answered

Hi,

My wife and I purchased 2 iPhone 5's and were given new micro sims as we are on a BYO plan. I want to be able to enable a sim lock code but there doesnt seem to be a default.

I have seen a post on this forum saying that it is the last 4 digits of the PUK code. How do i find that information on a micro sim as there doesnt seem to be anything obvious on the receipt from where we bought the phones.

Sorry forgot to mention they are telstra sims

Many thanks.'

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: How to find PUK code on micro sim

So you want a SIM PIN. You can access this online via My Account, Over the phone (13 22 00 and say PUK) or via LiveChat

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Ben_F

You can find your PUK code in My Account, or you can setup a PIN Code on the iPhone by going to Settings > General > Passcode Lock

B.

New Users - Click Here!

Drat
Level 22: Superhuman

Sm3GGy wrote:

I want to be able to enable a sim lock code but there doesnt seem to be a default.

1. Do you want to prevent others from being able to use your SIM (i.e. Telstra Mobile service) to make calls, etc. even if it takes their removing the SIM physically from your handset and use it in theirs,
       or
  2. Do you want to prevent others from being able to use your iPhone handset?

A SIM PIN addresses the former, and a device passcode (which is a security feature provided in iOS) addresses the latter.

How do i find that information on a micro sim as there doesnt seem to be anything obvious on the receipt from where we bought the phones.

http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/General-Mobiles/PUK-codes-a-k-a-I-ve-been-locked-out-of-my-mob...

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
Sm3GGy
Level 2: Rookie

Thanks for the replies guys.

What i want to do is get the SIM to ask for an unlock code when the iPhone powers up preventing any use of the cell without entering the 4 digit code.
Ben_F
Accepted Solution

So you want a SIM PIN. You can access this online via My Account, Over the phone (13 22 00 and say PUK) or via LiveChat

New Users - Click Here!

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit