Level 1: Cadet

How to recover deleted messages from iPhone without backup?

I just deleted some text messages on my iPhone 6. I think I don't have any backup files both from iTunes and iCloud for 2 weeks. The text messages I deleted are new. So is there any way to get my text messages back?

Was this helpful?

  • Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
15 REPLIES 15
Level 23: Superhero

Re: How to recover deleted messages from iPhone without backup?

Sadly once gone there no getting them back.


Cheers,
Dave

Level 1: Cadet

Re: How to recover deleted messages from iPhone without backup?

There are chances you enabled automatically backup. It is highly recommended to check whether you backed up the phone or not. You can do this by simply logging into the icloud website.

Level 1: Cadet

Re: How to recover deleted messages from iPhone without backup?


@X00btine wrote:

There are chances you enabled automatically backup. It is highly recommended to check whether you backed up the phone or not. You can do this by simply logging into the icloud website.


it seems i didn't back up my iPhone messages to my iCloud, is there any other way that can help recover my deleted messages on iPhone without backup?

Level 1: Cadet

Re: How to recover deleted messages from iPhone without backup?


@Cindyharkey wrote:

@X00btine wrote:

There are chances you enabled automatically backup. It is highly recommended to check whether you backed up the phone or not. You can do this by simply logging into the icloud website.


it seems i didn't back up my iPhone messages to my iCloud, is there any other way that can help recover my deleted messages on iPhone without backup?


This is really bad.  However, when you search on google, there are many programs that claim they are able to recover deleted messages directly from iPhone.

 

Disclaimer: I didn't verify the program myself. so you should be careful with those program.

Level 1: Cadet

Re: How to recover deleted messages from iPhone without backup?


@X00btine wrote:

@Cindyharkey wrote:

@X00btine wrote:

There are chances you enabled automatically backup. It is highly recommended to check whether you backed up the phone or not. You can do this by simply logging into the icloud website.


it seems i didn't back up my iPhone messages to my iCloud, is there any other way that can help recover my deleted messages on iPhone without backup?


This is really bad.  However, when you search on google, there are many programs that claim they are able to recover deleted messages directly from iPhone.

 

Disclaimer: I didn't verify the program myself. so you should be careful with those program.


Thanks for your help, i will try it.

Level 1: Cadet

Re: How to recover deleted messages from iPhone without backup?

If you did backup the messages on your iPhone, you can retrieve them from iTunes or iCloud backup, the step is easy: Connect the iPhone to the computer with a USB cable.
Open iTunes.

If you have a new or erased iPhone, iTunes will prompt you to restore from backup.

Otherwise, Control-click on your iPhone under DEVICES in the left menu.

Select Restore From Backup

Choose the backup you wish to sync and click the Restore button.

 

 

Level 1: Cadet

Re: How to recover deleted messages from iPhone without backup?

Unfortunately, If you really want to recover those text messages, you might have to use some 3rd party software. Some of them can recover deleted files like contacts, text messages, photos etc from your iPhone 6. However, they will cost a little. I suggest you try the trial version before you decide to buy it. I recommend you the FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery and Wondershare which are popular now and useful.

sms-of-ios-device.png

Here is a tutorial about how to recover deleted text messages from iPhone.

Level 1: Cadet

Re: How to recover deleted messages from iPhone without backup?

Without backup ? but did you copy the data to other phone device?

Level 1: Cadet

Re: How to recover deleted messages from iPhone without backup?

It is possible to restore deleted iPhone messages without backup. there are so many tutorial to tell us the lost data can be recovered, you can use Tunesbro recovery tool for iPhone,  

 

Level 2: Rookie

Re: How to recover deleted messages from iPhone without backup?

There is still a way to recover deleted text messages from iPhone without iTunes or iCloud backup: using a third-party recovery app to scan the storage of the iPhone and get the lost texts back. However, there is still one thing that you need to pay attention to: data that has been overwritten by other data will be difficult to recover, so stop using the phone when you find that the messages were lost and try to recover them as soon as possible with the recovery app.
Level 1: Cadet

Re: How to recover deleted messages from iPhone without backup?

Which solution works?

Level 1: Cadet

Re: How to recover deleted messages from iPhone without backup?

Regular backup with iCloud or iTunes is always the best way to protect the data from unexpected lose.

Level 1: Cadet

Re: How to recover deleted messages from iPhone without backup?

Regular backup with iCloud or iTunes is always the best way to protect the data from unexpected lose.

Level 1: Cadet

Re: How to recover deleted messages from iPhone without backup?


@Thenton wrote:
There is still a way to recover deleted text messages from iPhone without iTunes or iCloud backup: using a third-party recovery app to scan the storage of the iPhone and get the lost texts back. However, there is still one thing that you need to pay attention to: data that has been overwritten by other data will be difficult to recover, so stop using the phone when you find that the messages were lost and try to recover them as soon as possible with the recovery app.

Do you know any free recovery app?

Level 1: Cadet

Re: How to recover deleted messages from iPhone without backup?

Gary from Absolute Data Recovery in Darlinghurst can recover text messages from iphone if you haven't backed. Plus other data recovery from laptops etc. I shyed away from 3rd party as I'd read some are scams. He's very honest and does a lot of forensic stuff.  I just got back messages I'd accidentally deleted. His number is 0405554347

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit