Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
Matt_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: iMessage Telstra Carrier Settings

Hi Hexametry,

I've sent you a private message reply with a form to complete so we can obtain your details. I can then check the porting for you and follow up on this.

-Matt W

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

alanajoyce
Level 4: Private Eye

Hi Hex,

can you send international texts? Are you able to receive international texts? That is what Telstra will act upon, not the iMessage. That will keep getting handballed back to Apple and vice versa.

What I deeply recommend after all of this, is to send some international texts to three different people on different carriers (I did three different countries with the help of friends who had friends O/S), take note of the time, have communication with them via a different method (email, chat, FB) and have them reply and the time they sent the reply. If you do not receive the replies - report that to Telstra that you have ported and NOT receiving international texts. That they will investigate further 🙂

Hexametry
Level 2: Rookie

Righto alanajoyce I'll try sending some international texts to see what happens and let Telstra know what happens.

Matt I'll fill out the form now - thanks
Hexametry

Hi Matt I have filled out the form now. An additional piece of info : I texted someone in Germany today and they received it, but when they tried to send a reply text, they got a failed to send notification. So looks like people cannot text me from overseas, or at least from Germany
Matt_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Hexametry,

Thanks for the update. We'll be in touch soon to follow up.

-Matt W

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Hexametry

Ok can finally report that both iMessage and Facetime have now activated with my mobile number. Phew! Thanks Matt for getting this escalated and fixed. Again it was a porting issue.
TimBartel
Level 20: Director

Glad to hear this has all been sorted out for you now Hexametry!

Cheers, Tim 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Michaelemiya
Level 1: Cadet

Hello,

I recently got a new iphone6 and swiched from Virgin to Telstra last weekend.

I am experiencing the same problem:

1. iMessage/Facetime could not be activated

2. International SMS could not be received

I PMed Matt and provided the details.

Matt_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Michaelemiya,

Thanks for the private message. I'll reply with a form to complete so we can obtain you details and follow up on this for you.

-Matt W

Snowchili

I've had the same problem since I joined Telstra from Optus. Apple say it's Telstra, telstra say it's apple. I've spent hours on message and calls trying to work this out. Looking for a solution please Telstra.
Matt_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Snowchili,

That isn't good to hear. I'll reply to your private message with a form to complete so we can follow up on this for you.

-Matt W

Meganjz

Hi Matt

I'm having the same issue as others.

I ported from Optus to Telstra and have not been able to activate iMessage, receive international texts or any texts or phone calls from Vodafone users.

Obviously something has gone awry during the porting process. If you could have a look at it for me that would be awesome.

Have sent you a PM.

Thanks

Megan
emlauraj

Hi there,

Seems as though I am having the same issue since I ported from Optus to Telstra.

I received my new iphone 6, 7 2 weeks ago
When I turned it on, I set it up as a new phone and popped my old Optus sim (from my iPhone 5) in there
Then about 3 days later, I activated my new Telstra SIM and popped it in my iPhone 6 once the Optus service stopped working (so was ported over)
Since then (4 days ago) I have not been able to get iMessage working from my phone number. It just keeps hanging at "waiting for activation" then eventually just gives me an error.

I can send and recieve from my appleID (can also make and recieve calls through carrier and have access to the internet through cellular data) I have no option to select my phone number in send and receive.

I have done full restores, backed up from back ups, reset factory settings, all settings and content and settings.

I put my Optus sim (that doesnt work) into my iPhone 5, turned off imessage, facetime icloud and nothing.

Im getting really frustrated.

Could you please help me with this?

Cheers.
Meganjz

Yeah I've tried a dozen different "fixes" that I've found online but none work.

It's clearly a problem with the porting process rather than our individual phones.

Fingers crossed Matt can get back to me soon and fix it!
Matt_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Meganjz,

I'll reply to your PM after this message and send you through a form to complete so we can obtain your account details and follow up on this for you.

emlauraj:

Can you please try following the steps on this http://support.apple.com/en-au/TS2755 page and get back to us here if you have no luck. We can then follow up on this for you.

-Matt W

emlauraj

No luck Matt 😞
Matt_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Ah that isn't good. I'll send you through a private message with a form to complete so we can follow up on this for you.

-Matt W

Snowchili

There has been absolutely no communication or follow up since I completed this form. I have now missed countless IMPORTANT phone calls from people who tell me my number does not exist. I am sick of calling Telstra support and going over the same thing with no outcome. I find it hard to believe Telstra can not resolve this within minutes. It's been months.
IvanS
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Snowchili, 

Do you happen to have the SR reference number for the form once it was submitted? 

Snowchili

No idea what the SR is however I emailed Matt on the 11th of December explaining I completed the form the Thursday prior and had not heard anything. Guess what, he didn't reply. So I still haven't heard anything and I am still not receiving texts phone calls and iMessage still doesn't work. You flawlessly debit my account each month, you do that well.
Matt_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Snowchili,

That isn't good to hear. It sounds like the form may not have come through to us as we haven't seen it yet. I'll reply to your private message and we can take it from there.

-Matt W

Meganjz

I submitted the form and replied to Matt's message and haven't heard anything either. 😞
TimBartel
Level 20: Director

Hi Meganjz,

Matt isn't in over the weekend. I'm sure you'll hear back from him in the new week.

Cheers, Tim 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Snowchili

Telstra, you couldn’t be worse at handling my issue if you tried. I have completed this online form twice, have two SR numbers, sent three emails to Matt with no response to any of them. Had countless phone calls to your 'tech' teams who make me go over the same things every time "have you turned it on sir?"!

Come on guys- you are not taking my issue seriously enough at all. I AM NOT ABLE TO RECIEVE CALLS FROM CLIENTS WHO ARE ON VODAFONE! do you have any idea how this impacts me!?

Obviously not....

Someone, take my number and fix the issue. Every time i have called you, it’s the same response- "it’s an Apple issue, call them". It is NOT an apple issue and you know this full well. You have been dealing with this issues for over 4 years- your website doesn’t hide dates. How you can turn around and tell me the issue is my end is inexcusable.

emlauraj

Hi There,

I was wondering how long the process takes once youve submitted the form.

I sent it off on Saturday and havent heard anything and am not sure what to expect.

Cheers,

Emma

Snowchili

it takes about 4 months emlauraj...  

Matt_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Apologies all, 

We've had some delays over the Christmas/New Years break.

You should receive follow up about these porting issues by tomorrow.

-Matt W

Meganjz

Great Matt.

Thanks for keeping us updated. 🙂
Rick101

Hi,

Can I please get some assistance from Telstra? I am having this same issue with my new iPhone 6 where iMessage does not seem to activate:

- iMessage keeps trying to activate WITHOUT success

MY NUMBER WAS PORTED. I was previously with Optus and changed to Telstra

- I CAN send SMS messages to overseas numbers

- When people from overseas try to reply to my messages, their message DOES NOT reach my phone

- When I try another Telstra SIM card on the new iPhone, iMessage activates with success

I have called Telstra today and they could not resolve my issue (ref. INT 1-366949596185). They have asked me to raise a support request on this Forum and get one of Matt's forms raised, while they try to do some further investigation of what could be causing the issue. I have told the Operator that the issue with iMessage seems to be related to the fact that I cannot receive International SMS, but she could not provide a solution for this.

Your help is much appreciated. This is driving me crazy!!

Regards,

Rick

Matt_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Rick101,

That certainly isn't good to hear.

I've gone ahead and checked the reference number you've provided and can see that this issue has been escalated to the correct area to be resolved.

You'll be contacted by the back of house team with an update once they receive one.

-Matt W

Rick101

Hi Matt,

Thanks for following up. I will keep you posted.

Regards,

Rick

Rick101

Hi,

All good now. Telstra has fixed something and now I am able to receive International SMS messages. iMessage is also working fine now.

Regards,

Rick

emlauraj

IT'S WORKING! Thank you so much! 🙂
Spamryim

Hi, I have the same problem can anobody help?
DingoDan
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey Spanryim,

Welcome to Crowd Support 🙂

Strange that you would be having issues with this iMessage service as this was an issue that was resolved back in 2013 with an iOS update. Have you recently upgraded your handset to a newer version of the iPhone? If so then you would have to disable the iMessage service on the old handset so that this is able to work correctly on the new device.

blanchimont77

Similar to all the others here, since porting from Optus to Telstra almost 2 months ago I have not been able to successfully send international text messages at all.

Additionally that also means that Messages will not activate (Apple sends a text from UK to activate) and 2-factor authentication with Gmail and WordPress had to be turned off (again, requires international texts from the UK to work). Ridiculous.

I'm looking for someone at Telstra to intervene, elevate my issue and promptly resolve this (seemingly) common issue. After 2 months and multiple phone calls to Telstra and Apple my patience has run out. Never was an issue with three iPhones on Optus. Please help!

(Yes, I've tried every known fix. I have a very long and detailed list of all the steps taken so far in an attempt to resolve the issue - will send on request rather than clog up this thread)

Matt_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi blanchimont77,

That certainly isn't good to hear. 

Can I please confirm with you if you're able to receive calls/SMS/MMS from users on Optus services? Sounds like your number may not have ported over correctly if so.

-Matt W

blanchimont77

Yes. Can recieve and make calls to Optus users. Also I'm able to send and receieve SMS and MMS from Optus users. However I cannot send SMS or MMS to Optus users with an iPhone (iOS Messages activation issue). Receiving SMS/MMS works with them however.

riorxx

Hi Matt

I have the same problem alanajoyce was experiencing - could you please help with my case as well?

I've been on the phone with Telstra support since early Jan and tried all their suggestions including a full restore of my iPhone and getting a replacement SIM. Nothings worked and I only just stumbled on this thread.

- Ported my number across from Optus back in December (the porting originally failed as the guys mistakenly thought I was with Virgin - porting worked the second time)

- I can't receive some international SMS - tested it with a friend in HK

- I can't activate iMessage and Facetime (hangs at Waiting for activation for hours then it says activation failed)

- There is also at least one local mobile number (with Vodafone) that can't call or SMS me since I ported to Telstra (I can call/SMS this number tho).

Thanks

neurozen

Hi Telstra Tech Team,

I have a Telstra Businesss account with 12 mobiles. Recently I ported a two numbers over from TPG. The last port one on the 15th of December was ported and we are having problems.  The Phone is a new iPhone 6

1. iMessage and FaceTime fail activation as the mobile number does not appear.
  2. We have identified that Vodaphon callers cannot call or sms.  Calling results in a the voice notification of  "Your call couldn't be connected - please check the number and try again". SMS do not get through, ever, for Vodaphone customers.

Prior to the port from TPG to Telstra, there was no issue in being contacted from Vodaphone callers. I asked my account manager raise a ticket to check out the porting which they did but claim there is nothing wrong.

Also I was diverted to faults who kept on insisting that the do not distrub deature on the phone was switched on, but it was not. We have also tried different phones without success. We have also been to the Telstra store TechBar and been issued with a new SIM that did not fix the issue. Also we have been to the apple Genius Bar that insist it is a Telstra porting issue with the number.

My problem sounds familiar with other problems people have been having after porting (eg Optus > Telstram Voda > Telstra) which have been mentioned in the last few weeks. It sounds like that some people have been helped out here and in particular Matt_Telstra seems to understand and be familiar with the issue.

Can someone please reach out and assist. What is this form that Matt_Telstra has mentioned.

I genuninely appreciate your assistance.

With my thanks!

Matt_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi all,

@ blanchimont77 & neurozen I've replied to both of your private messages to follow up on these issues for you both.

@ riorxx I'll send you a private message with a form to complete so we can follow up on this problem for you.

-Matt W

Cameel

Hi,

I have similar problem, I have brought my number from Virgin Mobile and I am unable to activate iMessage and Face Time. It hangs at 'Waiting for activation' for couple of hours and then says it has failed to activate. I am able to activate emails, though.

Matt_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Cameel,

I've also sent you through a private message with a form to complete so we can follow up on this for you.

-Matt W

blanchimont77

THREE MONTHS. That's how long I've been patiently waiting for Telstra to actually do something about my international texting issue. Nothing is resolved and the issue appears to have disappeared down the Telstra rabbit hole. No updates, no sense of any progress, no escalation to senior managers. Nothing.

THREE MONTHS. I've diligently kept detailed records of all my issues, contacted Telstra by phone in an attempt to resolve, written on this thread, answered questions from Matt_Telstra, sent PMs with every single detail of the issue to Matt_Telstra, then filled in requested forms detailing exactly the same details and then... nothing.

Meanwhile a key phone functionality is not working. Can I make it any clearer: INTERNATIONAL TEXTING IS NOT WORKING SINCE PORTING FROM YOUR COMPETITOR – OPTUS.

THREE MONTHS. Not bloody good enough Telstra.

Matt_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi blanchimont77,

As far as I was aware all the issues within this thread were escalated and resolved.  What was the reference number in relation to your escalation? I'll follow up on it for you.

-Matt W

blanchimont77

Matt W thanks for replying.

As you requested via PM on 13/2/15, I filled out every detail of the situation in the form you advised and then submitted the form to the email address on 15/2/15. Then I PM'd you to confirm I had sent it and to make sure Telstra had all the details required. Then I sent a follow up PM to you on 27/2/15 with no reply (appears unread) to date.

I've had no communication in any form from Telstra since your last communication on 13/2/15. Certainly I have not been advised of any escalation reference number or even if my issue was actually escalated internally at Telstra.

My orginal issue is current and remains unrersolved. Appreciate your ongoing attention in order to resolve it.

Regards

Matt_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

When you completed the form linked to you there would have been a reference number provided.  If you still have the link for the form  please feel free to complete it again and quote the reference number to me that you receive. 

I can then use that to locate your account and hopefully the original form you completed and assist further from there.

-Matt W

blanchimont77

Matt - I do not recall being issued a reference number.

Why can't you locate my account and submitted form without such specific detail? I can PM any additional info you need.

I definitely DO NOT want to start the form process again (which is what you suggest, which implies nothing has been actioned by Telstra on my issue)
Matt_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

The reason why I asked for you to complete the form is so we can obtain your personal details again just to find your account. We can then locate the original form you completed and see what work was done on it, ultimately what happened with it.

Completing the form again isn't to begin the process from the beginning, its simply to obtain your details so we can follow up and find out what happened.

-Matt W

blanchimont77

OK understand. Thank for the clarification Matt. Will complete the form and PM you the reference number

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit