Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

International mobile calls

Am wondering if anyone can help me. When I phone my son in the UK lately on my iphone I can hear him, but he can't hear me. Yet, if he phones me we can both hear each other. This has only been happening the last few weeks since Telstra put me on a new plan. Do you think it might be a Telstra problem, my iphone or my son's phone? I think he has an Android phone. Thanks for any help.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: International mobile calls

Just checked, he has an iphone SE (2020) and he said he hasn't had the problem with any other calls. Neither have I.

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

That seems odd monitor, have you tried it with any other international calls?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

No, he's the only person I ring. However, I'm going to see if I can call him on a landline number over there, or possibly another mobile number, sometime this week. I'll post how it goes.

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

That's a strange one! Keep us updated with how you go with the landline number. We'd be keen to get to the bottom of this for you.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

He rang me tonight on his mobile so I rang him straight back to see if he could hear me on his mobile. This time he could. I'll see how it goes over the next few weeks but, hopefully, whatever was wrong has now fixed itself.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit