Cregga
Level 2: Rookie

IPhone 11 Promax issues

It seems we have a problem with the Telstra 4G network or with Apple with respect to coverage. No-one can explain what’s happening and no-one wants to take ownership. What is happening please?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

Re: IPhone 11 Promax issues

It would be helpful for much more detail to give you an accurate advice. Your post is on face value similar to  one this morning and another yesterday. Scroll down and read..... and if you provide more detail it will assist. 

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
Alexanderjoseph

Yep no idea, there isn’t anything official I can find on it, only a few threads. I went through new sim, all troubleshooting options and they ended up giving me a new 11 pro max. Same issue.. I’m hoping they will do a software update to fix this, it happens in generally lower reception areas however all other phones I have tested (friends phones, incl iPhone X with Telstra) have worked fine. Ps I’m in melb Australia

AndyPear
Level 1: Cadet

I’m having same issue in Tassie and know 2 others in the same situation. Telstra tech support say it is not a known issue to them!!! I did hear an employee in local Telstra shop saying that it was a return your issue and that Telstra was in consultation with Apple to resolve!??

Cas-Ra
Support Team
Support Team

Hello @AndyPear Different handsets have different performance and range depending on each model specifications. Telstra tests all models and we classify 3 device ratings- A, B and C.

C Class is Blue Tick rated. These phones will hold onto a signal further than B or A class phones and perform better in lower reception areas.

Historically few Apple devices are rated BlueTick, which means they are better suited to metro areas or in strong coverage locations.

For lower reception areas we recommend BlueTick devices: https://tel.st/vv2fy and you can find out more about what this means here: https://tel.st/5fapq.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

AndyPear
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks Cas-ra

interesting but I’m not sure it answers much for me. I have had apple products for a long time now without these issues and while I live in Tassie I am in the capital city and would assume this a strong area. I have experienced these problems in the CBD as well as my home 5km’s out.

from what I am reading it sounds like this latest iPhone and or the latest iOS version and hopefully soon to be fixed by an Apple update hopefully

Cas-Ra
Support Team
Support Team

That sounds promising, if that's the cause then I hope an update resolves those issues for you 🙂 Let us know if you have further questions any time.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

simonhancock
Level 3: Gumshoe

Having problems in Tassie too, phone just completely loses connection when on cellular connection. Happens in the middle of the CBD Launceston and at home 5km from the cbd. Rebooting phone seems to fix it but only temporarily. If it was a widespread problem with the iPhone 11 pro there would be plenty of news about it, it seems more like an issue of the phone just not working with the Telstra network. 

Pande_AU
Level 4: Private Eye

James_1234

I just downloaded ios 13.2 today 29th oct 2019 and it has fixed NOTHING! When i make a call on the iphone 11 pro max it immediately switches from 4g to 3g!

worst thing i ever diddd was upgrade my iphone xs max for a iphone 11.

dont do it because ios 13 is absolute garbage !!!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit