mickda
Level 1: Cadet

iphone 11 will not connect to safari

My iphone works as a dongle but will not load safari or whatsapp or any other apps on my phone. using 4g network. Happened a few days ago as well but resolved itself after a few hours. This time not resolving. I haven't changed any settings - it just suddenly stopped

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

Re: iphone 11 will not connect to safari

1. Firstly, go to Settings, Safari and clear all history.

2. If that does not resolve it, do a Network Reset and reboot.

3. If that still does not resolve it do a hard reset

Quickly press and release the Volume Up button.

Quickly press and release the Volume Down button.

Press and hold the Side button until the Apple logo appears, then release the Side button.

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
mickda
Level 1: Cadet

Unfortunately none of that worked. The odd thing is that I get notifications for apps, but then when i try to open the app it won't load - or if it does it won't refresh and just shows what was there the last time I used it before this problem occurred (like a screen shot almost). I have an old iphone 5 and wondering if i should reboot that and put my sim in it to see if i have the same problem?

TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

Hi mickda. 

Please can you go to our troubleshooting page https://tel.st/ljh9b and click on the "Fix an Issue" icon to go through guided support steps to help diagnose the issue. This will also provide next steps if it is unable to resolve the problem. 

If SteveW's and my instructions did not fix the problem, you have full internet connection and you have tested a different device that works with Safari on your SIM, then you will need to speak with our mobile faults team. 

Please speak with our team via the My Telstra App messaging service (link here https://tel.st/5wmx6). Just click on the "Get Help" menu icon and then click on the "Message Us" button and type "mobile fault" and a member of our team will be in touch to assist you with this. If you get stuck on the Codi chat bot, you can type "Consultant" to get through to a team member. 

Please let me know how you go.

Regards - 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit