rampaul
Level 1: Cadet

iphone 12 mini delivery delayed for more than 21 days because of missing unit number

I have ordered iPhone 12 mini on 5th august , shipment started on 8th august with estimated delivery 9th august.  I didn't receive the phone even till 10th august .I checked with star track delivery team , then  I came to know that my unit number alone missing in delivery address ."street number, suburban and post codes "are fine in the delivery address .

To update delivery address , on 11th august  I reached to Telstra to update my delivery address but the chat agent confirmed that agent is not able to update in the system due to some issue.

From 11th august to till date , I have raised so far three case numbers but no action has been taken other than promising an escalation with my case numbers.

1)   -- already closed but no actions

2)   -- already closed but no actions

3)   -- ticket is not closed and keeping all my interactions ,yet no actions to re-deliver 

I have asked a Telstra agent to raise a complaint on 17th august and received email 2 days later from case manager for mode of communication.  I started calling case manager for my complaint  on Monday august 23rd to seek clarity , she promised to give me update mostly after 3 business days . 

I chatted with Telstra chat agent on 25th late night . I have been told by the agent that my phone has reached back to Telstra warehouse , and some ticket has been raised for re-delivery on 25th august  afternoon. Agent confirmed that in 48-72 hours time, I would receive an update about the order but I haven't received any updates till date.

So today (27th august) ,I tried to follow up with case manager  for updates but she was busy in some other meeting and have been told that I would receive call later in the evening . 
Since I haven't received any call till now , I chatted with Telstra agent to  follow up on where exactly my phone order is stuck.  Chat Agent was asking me to wait till tomorrow(28th august) since his manager is not able to join my chat and promised to call back on tomorrow.(28th august)

As you could see , I went through whole lot of emotions on chasing this phone for getting it delivered to my address.,
is that something can be really expedited in my case number rather than  promise updates for every 2-3 days alternatively.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
misslisa
Support Team
Support Team

Re: iphone 12 mini delivery delayed for more than 21 days because of missing unit number

Hi Rampaul,

This certainly sounds like you've been going round in circles with this one. I would suggest reaching out to Telstra over Facebook messenger or Twitter direct message in the morning to get this sorted out. The team there will be able to authenticate you on those platforms in order to look at your account further (this just isn't a platform we can complete this on).

- Lisa

MothyB

Re: iphone 12 mini delivery delayed for more than 21 days because of missing unit number

Ordered my iPhone 12 Mini 256GB in Purple on the same day (5th August) via their online portal - paid for it outright on the day. Have been waiting for delivery until today - got regular updates via SMS from Telstra to say its on backorder.

Today they just cancelled the order and refunded the money. No explanation. When I called to find out what happened - no idea why it was cancelled. 

Not a satisfactory ourcome as this is a gift for my wife's birthday in 10 days!!!

rampaul

Thanks for your response .

I tried contacting through facebook chat agent ,still it got routed to my complaint case manager since I have existing complaint still to be resolved.

After sometime I gave up and asked for full refund on sept 1st  to case manager and she promised for a refund by at least yesterday (Sept 9th -- 3 ~ 5 business days ) .

Yesterday again case manager responded through email that phone has to be returned to Telstra warehouse and warehouse team needs to cancel the order . .

Most importantly again there is no definite end date how and when my phone will be returned.

Really wondering why my full money (699$)  is being held by telstra where telstra earlier couldn't deliver my phone & now they can't cancel too.

I am really looking for some miracle to happen and me getting the full refund .

Of course when and how the miracle would happen is unknown at this stage

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit