Ariadnette
Level 1: Cadet

iPhone 12 mini doesn't reconnect to network

If I have been in an underground car park where there is no mobile network service, my iPhone fails to reconnect to any network when I return to full service area. This also happens if I drive through a country area without service, if I don't force it I can be without service for hours without knowing. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Dowser
Level 21: Augmented

Re: iPhone 12 mini doesn't reconnect to network

How are you “forcing” it?.

What do Apple say about the situation?.

Melton1
Level 4: Private Eye

1. Have you tried the suggestions in this Apple article <https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201415> ?

2.Have you changed to Telstra as your mobile service provider from another provider ?

This question may be especially relevant if from a pre-paid service provider, where pre-paid providers can install "profiles" that may need to be removed having changed to another provider <https://support.apple.com/en-au/guide/iphone/iph6c493b19/ios>

3.  As noted in the article listed in 1, you might have to force a carrier update, especially if you have changed service providers, without changing the SIM.  Turn off the phone, remove the SIM, turn off the Phone, reinstall the SIM, then check you are getting a cellular signal.  Then go to Settings > General > About and see whether you need to install a carrier update.

As someone who lives in regional areas and moves in and out of service, I don't see this issue, albeit it can take some time to make a connection to a new tower where the phone hasn't been in contact with the network for some time (the polling interval of towers is a carrier related setting).

Dowser

Clicking on your links results in the CrowdSupport thread page opening.

ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

Strongly suggest you switch off phone and remove and reinsert the sim. Then switch on and do a network reset and reboot

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
Melton1
Level 4: Private Eye

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit