ashqld
Level 5: Eagle Eye

iPhone 13 pro and order

I have received my new 13 pro and had trouble with esim went to telstra shop they had problem to so I got normal sim so I could use phone. Problem now is my order is still progress and I have not been  updated to new plan. I spoke to support on message and they said they will put in notice to say order have been completed and all should be updated told it will take between 24-48 hrs but that time has gone and nothing changed. OK if telstra is having technical problems (which I have read in other posts) why are they not saying that instead of letting customers think there problems are being sorted when they are not

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
14 REPLIES 14
Renee
Level 21: Augmented

Re: iPhone 13 pro and order

Hey ashqld,

Disappointing to hear you've had a frustrating experience with us, do you happen to have the order reference on hand? I'm keen to find out what's going on.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

ashqld

Hi Renee order number is

1-3059701937221

Teckyhead
Level 2: Rookie

I have the same problem. Received an iPhone 13 with new sim last Monday. It's supposed to be so I can keep my current number. Tried activation - didn't work. Contacted support on Tuesday they basically told me to put the old sim in the new phone and wait for it to de-activate. No luck. Contacted support again on Thursday and they got me to try the new sim again (didn't work) and said to wait up to another 72hrs. I was pretty fed up by then and called support (on Friday) and they said they would push the order forward to get it done. Now it's Monday again and I got charged for my old plan because it's still active (because the new plan can't complete until sim is active). I contacted support again today and they got me a refund on some of the new plan cost and told me to wait another day. I'm about ready to send this phone back and switch to another provider. I've been with Telstra for around 40 years but this has been a major waste of my time and money. Renee - if you're watching, my order ref is J21060854925089.

Teckyhead

Something that may be relevant is that 'Find My iPhone' enables activation lock:

"If you have a previous iPhone, make sure you have disabled the Find My Phone service on it. Some people are reporting that this is what has been causing them issues during the activation process."

In my case I copied my old iPhone to the new one as soon as I received it. I've now done a factory reset on the new phone and turned Find My Phone off on the old one. A bit of a long shot but who knows...

WillowR
Support Team
Support Team

Hey Teckyhead, just wanted to touch base with you around this one - has there been any change to this or any followup from tech support?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Teckyhead

Not exactly. I received an email on Wednesday (Oct 20) which was just an automated 'sorry you're having a bad experience' email. It had a 1800 number to call if I was still experiencing difficulties. I called that number spoke to a Telstra guy, explained to him that support had been a one way street with me calling or web-chatting every 2-3 days to find out if anything was happening with my case. I had been given 3 different case IDs during the 10 days or so up to that point. He checked a ticket that had been created the previous Friday and said there was stuff in there he didn't understand. He then contacted some one to query what was going on and said it was an issue with Telstra's activation system that was causing problems with iPhone 13 activations. There were still some inconsistencies though as he said the activation problem was with people coming from other providers to Telstra. My number has always been with Telstra and I presume I was given a new SIM card for the 5G support, so either the issue is broader than they thought or the issue with mine is different. He told me that Telstra would contact me when the activation issue was solved and in the meantime I would have to continue using the iPhone 13 with my old SIM card (i.e. no 5G access).

That phone call was on Thursday (Oct 21).

Cas-Ra
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for the update @Techyhead, good to hear you've been contacted recently, and you have a fault ticket in progress for this. I'm sure we'll have some news and progress for you after the weekend though. If you need further follow-up you can quote your case reference via Messaging in your Telstra login or app and we can assist further.

Teckyhead

FWIW, I wasn't contacted - in every instance I've had to contact Telstra. In this whole month I've not had a single response from Telstra other than the initial receipt and an automated email giving me some points and saying 'we want to do better'.

The order I placed on October 6 is still open and I'm still running the new iPhone 13 on my old SIM card because Telstra have been unable to activate the new one. Well - I have to presume that's the case because, as I mentioned, no-one at Telstra has ever taken the time out of their precious day to actually contact me to provide any sort of update.

I'll give it a little longer but I get the feeling I'm going to have to take this to a higher level (e.g. ombudsman) before I'll get any sort of result.

ashqld

I finally got mine all sorted, put complaint in with Telstra but not here from case manager until it was all sorted. I lost reception for nearly a day after it go sorted as I normal sim after Telstra shop was unable activate esim and the order was for sim so the normal sim was cut off with no warning. But all doing good now

Teckyhead

Glad you were able to get a resolution. I received an email from Telstra today apologising for the delay and saying that it would be activated within 5 business days. I'm a bit concerned though as the service number they referred to in the email is not mine. As the emails come from a 'noreply' address I can't email them back so I'll just have to wait and see if I still have the same number after they activate the new SIM. Fingers crossed :).

LauraBee
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Teckyhead, if you'd like to confirm the details that are held within the order you can message our support team through the My Telstra app (https://tel.st/8t6s9d) by heading to the "Get Help" tab and clicking the blue message icon. The team can take a look at the order and confirm the number for you to make sure everything's gone through correctly. 

TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Teckyhead. Just checking in to see how you got on?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

Teckyhead

I haven't bothered going through the web chat thing again. It's always the same process - please enter your name, birthdate and phone number while I find an agent. That is usually followed with the agent asking the exactly same question (name/birthdate/phone number) and then sending me an SMS code for verification. After that we begin the process of the agent trying to get up to speed on what I'm on about. Some catch on really quick while others go off on a tangent, wanting to take me through the activation process.

This is the email I received on Friday November 5: 

Order number: J21060854925089

=================
Hi Gary,

Due to a technical issue, there was a delay activating your Telstra Upfront Small Mobile Plan.

We’re working to fix this and expect your service 0407xxxxxx will be activated within 5 business days. You’ll receive a confirmation email when your service has been activated.

=================

My number starts with 0409 so the provided number is wrong. Given that the email came from a 'noreply' address I have to assume that Telstra is okay with having a somewhat fragmented help system that allows some of their employees to see what's going on, some are kept in the dark and the customer doesn't get any access to any type of ticket system. I work in a service industry myself and have set up and run numerous support systems so I find this whole process incredibly frustrating.

I'll wait the 5 days. If Telstra get it right then that will be the end of it. If not then that will be coming up on a month of not being able to provide the service that has been sold to me.

Teckyhead

Alas, today is business day 8 since receiving that email and I've not received an activation email or a notification that it has been further delayed. It's now been 5 weeks since I received the new iPhone but I'm still on the old plan that was for my iPhone X. I guess Telstra hasn't been able to fix its activation issue yet.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit