wolffpac
Level 1: Cadet

iphone 4 shows sos only

Hi - before I spend what I am sure will be hours on the phone to telstra, can anyone tell me why or give a solution to the problem that since 6.00pm last night my iphone 4 shows SOS only instead of bars of signal and I am unable to make, receive calls / messages or do anything at all on it.  I have a new Iphone 5 on the way which apparently 5 minutes ago there was an attempted delivery according to StarTrack but no delivery truck has been to the office complex at all.  I wonder if my number has been ported to the new phone already with out my receiving it? Any solutions or assistance greatly appreciated

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
ijtodd
Level 4: Private Eye

Re: iphone 4 shows sos only

Before calling Telstra, here's a few troubleshooting tips you can try:

1. Restart your phone.
  2. Remove and re-insert the SIM card.
  3. Reset network settings by going to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings (Note: you will have to re-join any WiFi networks you were previously a part of).
  4. Check to see if any friends/family are having the same issue. Maybe there is an issue with the tower?

Failing that, call Telstra.

Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

Re: iphone 4 shows sos only

@wolffpac wrote:

I wonder if my number has been ported to the new phone already with out my receiving it? Any solutions or assistance greatly appreciated

I think that sounds very likely Smiley Wink

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit