Highlighted
Level 11: Detective

iPhone 4S - 3G Issue

Hi all,

Not sure if it's the phone or something interfering or what (I've never had this issue with the old HTC phones I've had in the past), but every now and then at my workplace (and lately in the centre area of town), data just doesn't want to work over 3G. Lately it's been happening every day, a few times per day, where for a period of time it won't work on 3G. I can still call and text fine, it's just data that won't work.

Sometimes restarting the phone works, sometimes it doesn't, but the only way I can get it to work constantly while this happens is switch it to 2G. It's painfully slow, but it does work. I'm not sure what to put it down to, as it's only a small town so I couldn't assume congestion (then again never know), plus it seems to be fine on my side of town, but it's been going on for a while now and it's getting frustrating. It hasn't always done this so if it's the phone, it's still in warranty for 11 days so I can probably get onto Apple.

But does anyone have any suggestions as to what could be causing it? The service status page says there aren't any issues for my town (2400 for any Telstra staff who happen to see this).

Cheers!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit