Level 1: Cadet

iphone 4s timezones

My iphone 4S doesn't change times automatically when I go between NSW and Queensland.  I've checked all the settings with Apple and the feedback is that it sounds like a carrier issue.  My old iphone 3G used to change automatically.  Any ideas?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 21: Augmented

Re: iphone 4s timezones

have you switched the time back to manual and then back to automatic, a few people I've seen mentioned this worked, not in a position to try it myself but worth a shot I guess
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Statistically, three out of five people are not the other two
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks.  I've done it a few times and it doesn't seem to have made any difference as yet unfortunately but thanks for the suggestion.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@JT1812 wrote:

My iphone 4S doesn't change times automatically when I go between NSW and Queensland.  I've checked all the settings with Apple and the feedback is that it sounds like a carrier issue.  My old iphone 3G used to change automatically.  Any ideas?

Hi there, 

Considering that you have the settings to Automatic, in theory the time zone on the phone should change to wherever you are. 

This phone obtains this information from the mobile towers in respective states. 

I have experienced this issue before when I travelled from Adelaide to Melbourne, but a simple press of "Airplane mode" did the trick and my phone registered to the nearest mobile tower with the correct time zone. 

Let me know how you go.

Regards, 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit