Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

iPhone 4S Unlocking

Answered

Hi,

I have a quick question around unlocking an iphone 4S.

I purchased the iphone from Telstra in October 2011. When I received the phone, I called Telstra and had it successfully unlocked, with no issues.

When the 4S started dropping signal randomly in November (that Telstra issue which has now been fixed Smiley Wink), I went through the usual troubleshooting process, before Apple ended up replacing my iphone.

So my quetion is, does the unlock I had obtained on my previous handset automatically apply itself to the new handset? The guy in the Apple store seemed to think so, however I just want to know if anyone else has been through this and knows for sure.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented
Accepted Solution

Re: iPhone 4S Unlocking

they (Apple) update their database to reflect which handset has replaced the old one, whatever lock status was applied to the previous handset is applied to your replacement
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Statistically, three out of five people are not the other two

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented
Accepted Solution

they (Apple) update their database to reflect which handset has replaced the old one, whatever lock status was applied to the previous handset is applied to your replacement
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Statistically, three out of five people are not the other two

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Cool, thanks for that jokiin Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

I am new to this forums...........

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

I have followed the telstra unlocking link and have requested unlocking instructions for my old 4S.  I updated on the weekend to the 5S.  But Apple still have not sent me the instructions or code on how to do this via email.  Any suggestions?

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi rmcgill2, if you've requested the handset unlocking via http://goo.gl/bRTxP it can take from 6 to 72 hours for it to be processed by Apple. After this time, you just need to complete the unlock by following the tethering process at http://goo.gl/ZY9LU

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit