shaps1965
Level 1: Cadet

iphone 5 billing disaster

Here's my nice story of a completely horrible customer experience with the purchase of 2 iphone 5s from Telstra that I thought was worth sharing;

-pre-ordered 2 iphone 5s in Sep and linked it to my existing home line service
-both phones inadvertently ported from my existing vodafone number to Telstra on the same day.
-had to get 2 temporary sims for my existing phone until the iphones arrived.
-iphones arrived a week later and I had to go into the telstra shop to get the numbers transferred to the new iphone nano sim.
-lost count of the hours spent on calls with Telstra/vodafone to solve the above.

-surprisingly received a phone call apologizing for the mess and that a $100 credit for each phone would appear on my statement in a month or two.
-by mid October had not yet received a statement however I received another call from Telstra warning me I was about to receive a bill for $700 for one of the new services. I was told to ignore this as it was not correct and would be updated asap. I also said I had another service and was told to ignore any bill I received for that as well.

-in between had online chat with Telstra who said they were investigating and would get back to me on a specifc day at a specific time; still waiting for the call....
-Yesterday I received an overdue notice for each account after previosuly being told to ignore them and that they would be rectified. Additionally, the address on one of the accounts was completely wrong!

-also received a phone call from a call centre yesterday asking if I was able to pay the bill to which I said they were wrong and started complaing. She couldn't trasnfer me quick enough to billing however all I got was hold music!

Who knows where this saga will end; after having perservered with vodafone for 15 years I'm wondering if this switch was such a wise move.....

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

Re: iphone 5 billing disaster

I'll flag this thread to a moderator to see if we can get someone to look at it.

You might also be better lodging a complaint via http://www.telstra.com.au/complaints if the issue has been ongoing. Many people have gotten a decent response out of them.

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

shaps1965
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks; have done that and also had an online chat. Lets see where we get to!!

Greg_Buch
Support Team
Support Team

Hi shaps1965, I can appreciate your concern about the billing of the account, especially after the problems you encountered with the activation of the services. I'll be in touch shortly via private message to help follow up for you.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit