Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

iPhone 5 delivery problems cancel preorder

I'm having lots of problems getting my iphone delivered. Telstra sent the wrong information to startrack, I called startrack up and they said that I need to call telstra again. I am not getting through to anyone, and I was just wondering if I went into a telstra store and they had stock, would they be able to cancel my preorder there and just sell me one that they have in stock? 

Thank you

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Level 11: Detective

Re: iPhone 5 delivery problems cancel preorder

Nope, you'll have to sort out your preorder first. The store can't cancel your preorder, you have to call Telstra regarding it and just keep at it until you do get someone.

If you get a phone instore and then your preorder still happens to turn up, you're stuck with 2 phones you committed to buying.
Highlighted

iphone5 - Poor Telstra service!

I have been an Optus customer for ~15 years. Back when Nokia were cool.

After considering my options regarding the new iphone 5, I thought I would give Telstra a try after hearing good things about its coverage.

However, I have now been waiting since 8.05am for my service to be ported! What kind of rubbish network gives this kind of service!!!!!!

Whats the point of trying to grow your market share when your new customers can't even use your network????? Telstra have had 5 years to get this process right after successive iphone launches. And yet new customers still need to wait a day to get service? I'm thinking of cancelling my contract as Telstra cannot even get this right.

Highlighted

70716xx and still no delivery email

Orderded on 14th at 6:44pm.
Glenwood.
Anyone else got deliveries in the hills area ?
Highlighted

Re: iphone5 - Poor Telstra service!

You ARE aware it's launch day and they probably have thousands of people to port right?

Your Optus phone still works? Shhh, be patient.

Highlighted

Re: 70716xx and still no delivery email

Call them. I called today with the same issue, preordered around the same time, and they still hadn't finalised my order (Apparently waiting for my input, but i didn't know..great)

Highlighted

Yes I am aware. I could excuse the fact if this was the first iphone launch. It isn't. Its the 4th!

Highlighted

And I have been patient. I got my phone at 8.05. Its now 5pm and it still isn't sorted.

Highlighted
Level 4: Private Eye

The iPhone 5 has been the highest selling iPhone on launch SINCE the first gen. I'm no Telstra spokesperson (in fact, I've been having my own issues in getting my hands on my iPhone 5: http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Apple-iPhone5/UPDATE-Only-received-an-order-confirmation-and-n... but you really need to realise the shear numbers they're having to deal with here and I think their coping as best as they can.

Highlighted

Im upgrading from the first version. So I remember what that was like. However, when I signed up with Optus then, I did not have to wait 8 hours to get connected. My point - is this how Telstra treats its new customers???????

Highlighted

And this is Telstra's 4th iphone launch. They would have known the number of pre-registrations and expected new purchasers. So there are no excuses about not knowing volumes or having sufficient staff to deal with it. Vodafone - yes, Telstra - no.

As a Telstra shareholder, I am disappointed this is how Telstra treats its customers.

Highlighted

Re: 70716xx and still no delivery email

I am in the same boat. Although they said that they were fixing it up yesteday which they haven't. In the process of rigning them now, was on hold for 50 minutes and accidently hung up!! About 30 mins again for the second time. 

Highlighted
Level 4: Private Eye

And you're certainly entitled to that opinion. I guess the rest of us can at least appreciate the pressures a product launch like this causes and to play the "Telstra should have known..." card is pretty slack. Apple didn't even give them their entire stock allocation! But, again, you're entitled to your opinion so, go on then, back on your soap box.
Highlighted

Its misleading when you're told that your new phone will be connected.

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

If you missed your iPhone 5 delivery and have not received an Australia post card, you need to call Startrak and quote your  TL number.  This is located in the email you received, telling you your phone was on it's way. It look like this.....https://trackandtrace.aae.com.au/TL#### .  

Your order has now been taken to an Australia Post Office. Startrak will tell you which post office your order can be collected from. 

In case you're wondering, we can't resend the order once your device has been delivered to a post office, 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

I just spoke to Star Track and they stated my order is still with a delivery driver and it may still be delivered tonight, if not over the weekend due to it being so busy.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit