sinny1
Level 1: Cadet

iphone 5 no txts

Answered

My iphone 5 is not receiving any txt messages, they are going to my wife's iphone 4. The phones are both on the same account but have different phone numbers.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DEANJA
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: iphone 5 no txts

Hi Sinny, when you say txt messages are you refering to imessages?

If this is the case, are you guys sharing the same apple Id?  if you are then you will need to create a new id for your wife.

Also, go to general Settings on your phone/s

Then down to Messages(green)

Then checked "Send & Receive" option, it shows you how many addresses/phones "you can be reached by iMessage"

Choose your phone and your email only. Your wifes phone will have to be set up the same.

sig

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
alanajoyce
Level 4: Private Eye

I'm guessing that the messages that are going to your wife's phone are iMessages?

Do you share an Appleid between you? Are they going to your number but ending up on her phone or your appleid? Is your imessage turned on? Do you have the number selected to receive messages at your number and/appleid on your phone and/or hers? All my questions are only regarding iMessage, as otherwise I have no idea.

You can share an Appleid for the appstore and a separate id each for imessage if you choose if that is the problem, or remove your number from her imessage settings. Again dependent upon if it is imessage responsible Smiley Very Happy

sinny1
Level 1: Cadet

It's the "normal" txt messages. The Facebook Messenger messages are coming through to my phone.
DEANJA
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Hi Sinny, when you say txt messages are you refering to imessages?

If this is the case, are you guys sharing the same apple Id?  if you are then you will need to create a new id for your wife.

Also, go to general Settings on your phone/s

Then down to Messages(green)

Then checked "Send & Receive" option, it shows you how many addresses/phones "you can be reached by iMessage"

Choose your phone and your email only. Your wifes phone will have to be set up the same.

sig

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit