mannyishere
Level 2: Rookie

iPhone 5 order killed current data pack on iPhone 4

This is a heads up to those who pre-ordered the iPhone 5. I've got an iPhone 4 that came off contract a few months ago. At some point in the last few hours, my data pack on my iPhone 4 got killed. I still have basic telephony but no data. Speaking with a Telstra customer rep, the iPhone 5 order upgraded my plan (which I was no longer on), and transitioned my pack to the new iPhone 5 (even though I haven't received it). I have no idea why this has happened. They have escalated and will call me back.

On the positive side, they confirmed I would receive the iPhone 5 tomorrow. I pre-ordered in the first hour of the pre-order window (Friday last week).

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
picnic81

Re: iPhone 5 order killed current data pack on iPhone 4

I ordered my iphone 5 today online and having the exact same problem!  Went into Telstra and swapped to a new sim, didn't work.  Spoke to 4 people at Telstra before somoene could work out what the problem was apparently.  They reckon it has something to do with the upgrade to iOS6 and that the "APN" in cellur data hasn't been set up properly.  They said they believe they know what the problem and it will be fixed within 24-48 hours. 

I won't hold my breath as my iPad is working fine and set up the same and I've data access for it.

mannyishere

Re: iPhone 5 order killed current data pack on iPhone 4

So just got off the phone with technical support. This is a major issue. They are getting lots of calls from people with this. They said their Level 3 tech support team are working to fix it. Maybe 24 hrs. Tech support can't do anything. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit