Level 2: Rookie

iPhone 5 plans

Now that we know the iPhone 5 will be released in Australia on the 21st September (with LTE support on Telstra no less), when can we expect Telstra plans and pricing to be published?

If there is going to be a laucnh party (like for the iPhone 4) at the Sydney George St store I'm ready to line up again Smiley Happy

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Community Alumni (Retired)

Re: iPhone 5 plans

@Steffen wrote:

Now that we know the iPhone 5 will be released in Australia on the 21st September (with LTE support on Telstra no less), when can we expect Telstra plans and pricing to be published?

If there is going to be a laucnh party (like for the iPhone 4) at the Sydney George St store I'm ready to line up again Smiley Happy

Plans and Pricing I've been told may be announced on Saturday, however this hasn't been confirmed publicly as of yet Smiley Wink

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Level 1: Cadet

Will there be an option for existing contracts of older iPhones that are still running for some time to switch to the new iPhone 5?

Level 22: Superhuman

san004 wrote:

Will there be an option for existing contracts of older iPhones that are still running for some time to switch to the new iPhone 5?

If you mean essentially trading in your older model for the new model of handset, I'll bet good money that the answer is no.

Acquiring clear title (in other words, buying) a phone handset, irrespective of whether the price is subsidised and/or paid off by plan inclusions in a mobile service contract, is very different from leasing a service asset (of which you do not have any ownership rights) for a fee on the agreed/contractual condition that you will always have the latest available model on lease.

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Well here's an example of how it works for customers in the US; and note the price difference US dollars to the stupid prices being asked here in Australia... Love someone to explain how in Australia there will be about $300 difference per unit!!!!!

Wondering if you can take advantage of the lower subsidized prices for the new iPhone 5? You can find out right now if you download the Apple store app on your iOS device and select “iPhone 5″ then “Upgrade iPhone.” You’ll be asked to put in your account holder’s phone number, billing zip, and other security information. If you are indeed elegible for an upgrade, an iPhone 5 will cost you either $199, $299, or $399 depending on capacity. If you aren’t eligible for an upgrade, you can still buy an iPhone 5, but at the un-subsidized price of $449, $549, or $649.

Level 1: Cadet

Vodafone did offer an upgrade to iPhone at an additional cost a year or two ago if I remember correctly.

@David_T wrote:

Well here's an example of how it works for customers in the US; and note the price difference US dollars to the stupid prices being asked here in Australia... Love someone to explain how in Australia there will be about $300 difference per unit!!!!!

Wondering if you can take advantage of the lower subsidized prices for the new iPhone 5? You can find out right now if you download the Apple store app on your iOS device and select “iPhone 5″ then “Upgrade iPhone.” You’ll be asked to put in your account holder’s phone number, billing zip, and other security information. If you are indeed elegible for an upgrade, an iPhone 5 will cost you either $199, $299, or $399 depending on capacity. If you aren’t eligible for an upgrade, you can still buy an iPhone 5, but at the un-subsidized price of $449, $549, or $649.

Wasn't AT&T charging extra to use FaceTime over cellular? I think that pricing is based on signing a new 2 year contract no?

B.

New Users - Click Here!

Level 5: Eagle Eye

If you're eyeing the iPhone 5 but worried about  canceling your unlimited data plan with AT&T, you're in luck. AT&T will  grandfather in existing data plans.

So you have an existing data plan, and you want to scoop up the next iPhone  but you’re afraid that carriers will charge an exorbitant penalty fee that could  empty your wallet — well AT&T users are in luck. In light of Apple’s  iPhone 5 announcement today, the carrier says that existing data plans would  be grandfathered into their iPhone 5 purchase.

“We offer customers the flexibility to keep the iPhone data plans they  already have or choose any of our individual or new Mobile Share plans. We’re  proud that more customers choose AT&T for iPhone than any other U.S. carrier  and look forward to making iPhone 5 the newest addition to our lineup,” Ralph de  la Vega, president and CEO of AT&T Mobility, said.

@David_T wrote:

If you're eyeing the iPhone 5 but worried about  canceling your unlimited data plan with AT&T, you're in luck. AT&T will  grandfather in existing data plans.

So you have an existing data plan, and you want to scoop up the next iPhone  but you’re afraid that carriers will charge an exorbitant penalty fee that could  empty your wallet — well AT&T users are in luck. In light of Apple’s  iPhone 5 announcement today, the carrier says that existing data plans would  be grandfathered into their iPhone 5 purchase.

“We offer customers the flexibility to keep the iPhone data plans they  already have or choose any of our individual or new Mobile Share plans. We’re  proud that more customers choose AT&T for iPhone than any other U.S. carrier  and look forward to making iPhone 5 the newest addition to our lineup,” Ralph de  la Vega, president and CEO of AT&T Mobility, said.

**cough** AT&T just pulled a **bleep** move with FaceTime over cellular - BGR **cough**

Most people in the US feel worse towards ATT Mobility then their counterparts in AU feel towards Telstra. ATT is consistently rated worst in network, and worst in Customer Service in the US. To be fair, its probably the Vodafail of the US.

The only reason they have more customers is because they were first Smiley Happy

B.

New Users - Click Here!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit