Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

iPhone 5 Pre-order problem

Hi guys,

I have a bit of a problem with my iPhone 5 pre-order. I originally ordered online the $80 plan with the 64GB iphone. I was getting for 12 months a 1Gb bonus data. 

Yesterday I called to change the plan to the $60 plan as I do not need the 800 dollars worth of call. 

While changing the plan I specifically asked the consultant whether I still get that 1GB bonus data. He confirmed that I will get it and I even asked him if he makes notes of that in the system and if the call is recorded in case I have any issues with this. 

I now just called the preorder hotline to ask for my order status and to confirm what the guy told me is correct. She lady said I have been misinformed and I will not get the bonus 1GB. At the end of the day I as a customer go with what I have been told and the reason I preordered online was because of that 1GB of data. 

So what are my option here. I am sort of persisting to get that bonus. 

Thanks for your help already.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Alumni (Retired)

Re: iPhone 5 Pre-order problem

Firstly, the information we have been given here says:

Pre-orders cannot be changed once submitted. If the details are incorrect please call us on 1300 131 113. If the order hasn’t already been dispatched, it may be possible to cancel it. You can then need re-submit a new online order when more stock is available.  

I'm surprised that you have been able to change your Pre-Order at all to be frank.

If you were given information which was incorrect, your options should be:

- To continue under the correct details (ie: $80 plan)

- To walk away from any obligation under the contract

- For Telstra to decide, at its discretion, to apply you with a 1GB data pack and offset it as a lump sum for the next 24 months.

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

The 1st level supervisor of complaints just called me back and told me he can not at this stage cancel the order as it has been confirmed just not dispached yet. 

So if it has not be dispached why the hell can it not be canceled?

Now I can't even walk over the weekend into a store to get the phone. Telstra is frankly making it difficult now. 

I dont want the online order anymore.

Highlighted
Community Alumni (Retired)

When submitting your pre-order, you entered into a binding contract with Telstra. Once the order is dispatched, it can’t be cancelled and the contract must be honoured.  

http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Apple-iPhone5/Can-I-cancel-my-pre-order/td-p/76752

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit