Level 1: Cadet

Iphone 5 Stock

CAN ANYONE GIVE A PROPER ANSWER TO THE QUESTION WHEN WILL MORE STOCK BE AVAILABLE FOR ORDER ONLINE?  AS I UNDERSTAND IT THE STORES WILL HAVE LIMITED STOCK - ONE STORE I HAVE SPOKEN TO TODAY WILL ONLY HAVE 150 UNITS OF VARIOUS COLOURS AND SIZES SO I AM LOATH TO STAND IN A LINE TO FIND THAT THE STORE MAY NOT HAVE A BLACK 32GB PHONE AVAILABLE.  JUST POSTING THE RESPONSE "PREORDER HAS BEEN VERY POPULAR AND WE ARE WORKING ON GETTING MORE STOCK" REALLY ISN'T SUFFICIENT.  SOMEONE HAVE THE DECENCY TO SAY "THE REALITY IS THERE WILL BE NO MORE STOCK COMING FOR WEEKS ".

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Iphone 5 Stock

Hi wolffpac, we've had this section of the Crowd Support forums set up specifically to provide as much information as possible about the launch and iPhone 5 availability - at this stage there simply isn't any further information about when the second delivery of iPhone 5 stock will be received, but you can register via the link at http://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/mobile-phones/iphone/iphone5/ to be contacted with further details once they're available.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Level 5: Eagle Eye

Well, the reality is no one really know when the stock is coming, and how long we will be out of stock for. As you can appreciate, stock is very limited at launch. I am sure Telstra is ordering more stock, but it all depends on the supply chain from Apple, as well.

The best you could do is to register your interest as Greg mentioned above and you'll be notified when stock is available.
Level 22: Superhuman

wolffpac wrote:

SOMEONE HAVE THE DECENCY TO SAY "THE REALITY IS THERE WILL BE NO MORE STOCK COMING FOR WEEKS ".

The reality is that there is no information on the subject ready and available for public release at this point. If you expected that the information will be available on demand just because you want to know, then I'm afraid you ought to reset your expectations. In the meantime, your options are:

(a) wait

(b) queue up on launch day and try your luck anyway

(c) buy (online or in-store) outright directly from Apple, which of course will have the most stock of all models, and then adjust how you expect to pay for ongoing mobile network service to use with your handset

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit