Highlighted
Level 11: Detective

iPhone 5 - Who's Buying In?

Now that it's official, who will be lining up to get one of these?

Personally, it's no good to me, but only because I have the 4S. The bigger screen is nice, but there's basically no iOS 6 features hitting the iPhone 5 that aren't also coming to the 4S. Not to mention I'd have to spend more cash on adapters due to the number of chargers/docks I have for the current port (yeah I can just buy 1, but who wants to carry it around with them everywhere they go?)

Maybe next year when the new dock/lightning port has been in place for a while (therefore more available accessories), and my contract is up, then I'll upgrade to the next iPhone.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Re: iPhone 5 - Who's Buying In?

I fully intend to uprgrade from my iPhone 4 as soon as I can, but the idea of camping out the front of a store doesn't interest me (mainly because of the unstable weather Melbourne has been getting recently!).

In terms of the handset itself I'm more interested in the 4G/LTE aspects as the current Telstra data services where I live and work are patchy at best...

Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented

I want two as soon as I can get them, lining up is not an option so just hope I can get them somewhere within a reasonable time frame after launch
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Statistically, three out of five people are not the other two
Highlighted

@Lumus wrote:

In terms of the handset itself I'm more interested in the 4G/LTE aspects as the current Telstra data services where I live and work are patchy at best...

Good point, the LTE on this should be interesting. However I live in a regional town and don't expect to have LTE any time soon here. So another reason the iPhone 5 is useless to me.

Highlighted

@Mitcho1989 wrote:

@Lumus wrote:

Good point, the LTE on this should be interesting. However I live in a regional town and don't expect to have LTE any time soon here. So another reason the iPhone 5 is useless to me.

I'm not so sure about that, I have another 4G device and although the location I'm in doesn't have 4G coverage yet the dual channel 3G support offers super fast service, leaves my ADSL speeds for dead

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Trust me, even EDGE is faster than the 3G I get at home and work... Smiley Sad
Highlighted

@jokiin wrote:

I'm not so sure about that, I have another 4G device and although the location I'm in doesn't have 4G coverage yet the dual channel 3G support offers super fast service, leaves my ADSL speeds for dead

Oh yeah? Check out these insane 3G speeds lol Smiley Tongue

photo.PNG

If that's what Next G runs at here, I don't expect 4G for a long while, if at all. Mind you this is still fine for what I do. My ADSL runs at 8 Mbps.

Highlighted

I ran the test via the 4G modem a few days ago and got better than 20Mbps on 3G, using my iPhone 4 I don't get anywhere near that, 4 or 5Mbps maybe, did some side by side comparisons and the 3G DC device was way faster every time on the same network
Highlighted

Fair enough. If I had any use for one of those devices I'd give it a test, but cheers anyway! Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman

So I suppose there will be a heap of used iPhone 4s' on ebay in a few months time?Smiley LOL

If I've helped in some way, a Kudos would be appreciated.
Any opinions I express or advice I give are purely my own, and don't represent Telstra.

Highlighted

saw a statement from eBay (I'll assume it was eBay US but not sure) that 400,000 iPhone 4 & 4S models have been listed for sale over the last few weeks

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit