Cazz3525
Level 1: Cadet

iPhone 5C changed plan and now data not working

Hello,

My husband changed his post paid mobile phone plan at a Telstra store. The data hasn’t worked since then. We have rung Telstra and tried resetting network settings and turning phone off. The sim works fine when put into my new iPhone 8. They have suggested we return to the store for assistance. That isn’t an option in the short term as we live over 100kms away and can’t gate back there for a week or two. We have tried contacting the store by email & phone and they haven’t responded. Any ideas on what to try would be appreciated.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
will935
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: iPhone 5C changed plan and now data not working

Very sorry to read of your concerns regarding the data on your iPhone not working.

I can't think of any real reason this should be the case, does the data not work at all, or does it just work poorly?

Do calls and texts work?

Also, what plan did you change to?

- Will

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Cazz3525

Hello Will,
The new plan is a Business BYO Mobile Plan $59/12m. Calls and texts are fine but absolutely no data. The phone keeps getting a text message saying the sim does not support data and to contact Telstra. It’s the same SIM card the phone has always had. We moved the SIM to my phone, turned off wi-fi and restarted it and the data worked fine. Moved it back to original phone and still no data. Very perplexing.
MattyC
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Cazz3525, that certainly is perplexing, appreciate your patience. What does the error message say exactly? 
Does it give a specific number to call? How old is that SIM card?
- Matthew.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Cazz3525

The SIM card is 4 years old. Text messages says:
This SIM Card does not provide access to mobile data when used in a mobile handset. To access mobile data, please place this SIM card into a Mobile Broadband device, Tablet or other data only device. To access mobile data on this device with this SIM card, please contact Telstra to change to an applicable postpaid handset plan, or any prepaid plan. Need further help? Call us on 13 22 00 (Personal) or 13 20 00 (Business) we are here 24x7.
MattyC
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for clarifying. We don't have account access here, so I recommend discussing this with our Live Chat team - http://tel.st/49kl 
If you log into the online chat with the same email address each time, the consultant can read all of your previous conversations, and get up to date quickly. 
Please let us know how you get on. - Matthew.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit