Louise6
Level 1: Cadet

iPhone 6: All incoming calls show as Unknown. Texts show IDs, but not calls.

I have an iPhone 6. All my incoming calls come up as Unknown. This includes those in my contact list.

Text messages show numbers, it is only phone calls. 

I have even been to an Apple Store and they told me to contact Telstra as it's a provider issue.

Help!  I need to be able to see who is calling as I use this phone for work.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
DeltaSquad
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: iPhone 6: All incoming calls show as Unknown. Texts show IDs, but not calls.

@Louise6

Interesting issue, and this usually has something to do with a service known as "CLIP" and "CLIR".
These are usually provisioned for Mobile Services by default.

Can I ask if you've ported the mobile number from another carrier at all?

- Matt

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Louise6

Re: iPhone 6: All incoming calls show as Unknown. Texts show IDs, but not calls.

No, I've always been with Telstra.
DeltaSquad
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Sent you a PM @Louise6

- Matt

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

DeltaSquad
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@Louise6

Thanks for replying to the PM.

Are you able to test this out now? You may need to restart your mobile phone first.

- Matt

Louise6

It works! Thank you so much Matt! 

Albs82

Hi Matt, 
Are you able to help share what the fix was for this? 
I have the same issue after porting from Optus and came across this forum. 
Any help is appreciated. 
Thanks

Alby

DeltaSquad
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@Albs82

This is going back quite a while, but from memory and from reading the posts here, this particular problem was a provisioning issue.

From what you're saying though, your difficulty might be a little more complicated than most as you've indicated that you've ported from another carrier, whereas the Original Poster here has never ported.

I'll send you a PM in a moment to clarify some details about your difficulty.

Albs82

Thanks - any help is appreciated! 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit