Level 2: Rookie

iPhone 6 - ordered Sep 13 but still "pending"?

Hi,

I'm really confused about what's happening with my order - especially after reading recent updates from Telstra who say all pre-orders have been dispatched.

I am an existing customer who pre-ordered an iPhone 6 128GB in space grey (and upgraded my plan at the same time) on Saturday September 13th. I received a confirmation email the same day (with an order number SBXXXX..) explaining that it would be shipped withn 2-5 business days from the 19th of September. As I didn't receive any further emails or txts with a tracking number or update about delivery, I contacted Telstra via the 24/7 Chat service twice last week - and on both occassions was informed that a phone had been "allocated" to me, but just had not been shipped yet. Both times they reaffirmed that it would be delivered sometime this week.

I've tried tracking the order status using the 1-27922073XXXX order number and it continues to show "pending". Weirdly, it also says that the order was placed on September 18 (even though I ordered it on the 13/9) and makes no reference to the iPhone 6 in my order details.

I am worried that something is awry with my order. 

Is it possible to get an update? I've tried contacting Telstra but it's impossible to get through (chat keeps timing out, and I can't get through on the phone). I don't want to post my order number here for security reasons.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
17 REPLIES 17
Level 4: Private Eye

Re: iPhone 6 - ordered Sep 13 but still "pending"?

I'm in the same boat as you. I placed my order for a 128GB silver 6 (not 6+) at 10pm on the 12th. It was in stock, to be shipped in 2-5 business days from release. I finally got my 1-xxx number last Thursday, and tracking my order shows that it was placed on the 25th?! Contacting the online order team I'm told to wait 2-4 weeks, even though telstra website says 14 days for a new order. Chat just tells me that it's "in progress". Getting real tired of waiting.
Level 4: Private Eye

Mee too its really starting to annoy me!!
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello BraveNewWorld,  you obviously have your order number and you are tracking your order online, which is recommended.  If I have not understood your post correctly use your order number to track your order online via:

https://www.my.telstra.com.au/myaccount/track-my-order?ti=TR:TR:Apr13Smiley Tonguerepaid:trackorder:edm

Yannick on CrowdSupport has posted an update on order demand and supply, and he has a couple of links that may assist. 

http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/iPhone-6-iPhone-6-Plus/A-quick-update-on-iPhone-deliveries-26-...

Please appreciate that Apple has "sold" some 10 Million iPhone 6's in the first 3 days, so supply is having a bit of trouble keeping up with demand that has exceeded expectations, and while the latest info indicates that most of the Telstra pre-orders have been "Processed", you need to wait till the status of your order shows "Dispatched" before you can expect delivery, and according to the most recent info, the current Dispatch delay is approx 14 days

Hope this helps

Steve

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Hi Tim/Steve,

Your reply didn't really adderss my questions.

As I stated previously, I do indeed have a tracking number that I have used to view what is going on but I am concerned about the information that is displayed when I track my order. Specifically, the following things are confusing/concerning about what the 'track my order' tool displays:

1. My order makes no reference to the phone I ordered (it only lists changes to my plan)

2. It says my order was placed on Sep 18 when in fact it was Sep 13 (I received an email on Sep 13 confirming this)

3. The order status says "pending" - which contradicts what livechat consultants tell me (they said last week that a phone has been allocated and that I should of received delivery last week).

I appreciate the huge demand means there are a lot of orders to process, but the system is very confusing.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hello BraveNewWorld,

I would recommend having a chat to our Online Shop Team on 1300 131 113. I understand that you aren't happy about the wait times to get through to them, but that is the team that process these orders and so if there is a hold up with your order (other than us waiting for stock) they can let you know.

-Dylan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Level 5: Eagle Eye

Sorry for hijacking your thread here.

@thedylan Have you and your team been advised to _NOT_ answer MULTIPLE customers enquires about Friday's post released by Yannack, if not then why do you respond to this thread but will refuse to answer MULTIPLE customers enquires on the crowd support page.

I just called and spoke with a consultant. He explained that my order never got completed (he used the word "submitted") and that this should have happened shortly after I received my first confirmation email. He advised that it will now take 2-4 weeks for me to receive the order because I am 16 days behind in the queue.

Neither of the two online chat consultants I chatted with last week or the weekend before picked this up, instead they assured me "everything was on track and to expect delivery in 2-5 days". Seems like a pretty major oversight.

Don't worry, even though your 16 days behind in the que, we have the same timeframe ahaha.

Ohhh and a big shout out to @thedylan Good to see your responding to other messages after this one, but either your or any of your staff members will respond to the MULTIPLE requests from MULTIPLE customers regarding the real matter.

Keep up the good customer service guys.

Level 10: Junior Detective

Yeah and that time frame is a Yannick. A Yannick is the time taken between "we have no earthly idea" and "promise whatever will keep them quiet for a few hours"

Level 3: Gumshoe

@thedylan

They dont know anything, i spoke to them this afternoon and was told that my phone was sent to the couriers but dont have a consignment number yet. Then asking live chat for a consignment number they tell me that no hardware is assigned to my order????

Hi Y'all,

I've placed my order much more recently then those outraged here (Last Tuesday night 23/9) However I have grave concerns that I won't get my iphone for weeks and weeks if those who took the right measures are only being told 2-4 MORE weeks.

I feel so disheartened and wish I'd had some sort of warning before ordering online (I did it because I was sick of waiting for in store stock #irony) Instead when purchasing the new phone and upgrading my contract the selection options said iPhone 6 - 64GB - Space Grey: In Stock.

This has obviously turned out to be a lie and I can only imagine the thoughts those who have already waited upward of two weeks are having.

Pretty pathetic being a telstra customer my entire life, paying premium rates for borderline the worst customer service I've ever experienced.

Basically my questions are these:

The only order number I have recieved is an SBSXXXXXX number? It's been almost a week now should I be worried?

and also

If my desired phone comes into stock in one of my local stores is it possible to purchase it there and cancel my existing order without reloading ANOTHER $50 recontracting fee. (Which doesn't make sense in the first place I'm off contract.

Anywho. Sorry to everyone who's having a worse time than me.

Level 9: Captain

Always someone worse off Jed235 (someone brought up a comparison to queuing for a bowl of rice in a refugee camp the other day!? Apparently we are bad people because we want a new phone) but that doesn't take away your right to be peeved at the hidious service you have received!
Level 10: Junior Detective

Mine is the cream of the crop:

After being told by the poor call centre fella it would be 1-3 weeks I responsed by telling him about Yannick's post and Gerd's confirmation of same:

Do you know who Gerd Schenkel is?

"Yes he is one of our bosses"

On CrowdSupport a moderator posted that stock had come in to fill all remaining pre-order backorders including all 6+ which is what I ordered. 

"I don't know anything about that. Where did you read this?"

I explained again and read out the post by Yannick. 

"I don't know anything about that, let me find out more." 

After a long hold he quotes an old post from Gerd about back orders so I read him Yannick's post again and read out my PM from Gerd confirming it. 

"Are you sure it was Gerd? What is Gerd's e-mail address?" upon which I explained the PM function of CrowdSupport. 

"Let me find out more"

An even longer hold ensued and he came back and suggested that I contact Yannick and Gerd as they seem to know more than their department does. Yep that is what I was told!

So to the moderators who tell us to call the Online Order team or use the 24x7 chat:

a) They can't tell us anything meaningful and today actually referred me back to a moderator here (Yannick) and the Executive Director for Telstra Digital (Gerd)

b) @ScottBarratt told us "live chat do not have access to online orders, so would not be able to help at all"

(Yes I know we could get a job with Telstra after this we are beginning to know some things so well)

This Telstra debacle should be used by other Telecomunication Companies around the world in future for a PERFECT example of how NOT to run a PRE-ORDER program.

I doubt anyone would believe this wasn't made up however

Level 3: Gumshoe

@Jaxom +1 The moderators on this forum are encouraging us to contact 24x7 chat, or various phone numbers, but yes totally agree, chat and speaking to a call centre are absolutely useless at communicating any current, meaningful information. 

Level 7: Deputy Inspector

@BraveNewWorld
You've been 'Telstrated' and Yannicked.
Welcome to the club Smiley Happy

Update on my order status (place on Sep 13): I received an SMS yesterday confirming my phone woudl be delivered today (9/10) and surprisingly - it arrived this morning. I really didn't believe it would because the last consultant I spoke with at Telstra on 7/10 said it was still delayed and that she had no idea when stock was due to arrive. Good luck to everyone else who is waiting still!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit