pjwhit
Level 1: Cadet

iPhone 6s preorder - no updates and can't track order

Hi,

I preordered an iPhone 6s 128GB, and got the usual confirmation email, as well as a confirmation of registration for e billing.  However, I haven't received any other communication since. (My wife who's ordered an iPhone 6s with Optus has had 3-4 messages and emails!!!)  And when I put my SB number in the "track my order" service, I get this message:

"Unfortunately, we're unable to locate that confirmation number. Please check that it's correct and try again. If you placed your order in the last 24 hours, your number and order status may not yet be available."

If I've got confirmation of my order, and have and order confirmation number, why can't Telstra locate it?

It's making me a little nervous, and frustrated at the lack of communication, particularly since orders were meant to ship and start being delivered yesterday.  Yet I have no idea what's happening, or if my order even exists anymore.

I am currently with Optus and the plan was to change back to Telstra, but I'm starting to wonder if that was a good idea.....

Can someone from Telstra please at least give me an update on my order????

Thanks

Pete

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
SandyH1

Re: iPhone 6s preorder - no updates and can't track order

Hi Pete

like you, I only received my initial order confirmation with the SBS reference number.  I had to do my own investigations to track my delivery.  You can use the SBS reference number on www.startrack.com.au to track your delivery, enter it  into the reference number field not consignment number.  Hopefully that  will give you a clue as to where it is.

Sandy

pjwhit

Thanks Sandy. Have tried that. Still nothing. It's almost like my order doesn't exist :S
Lindy
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi PJWhit, 

I can look into this for you and find out what is happening. 

Do you have your original order number there? It may start with SBS or it may start with 1-xxx 

Regards 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

pjwhit

Hi Lindy, 

Order number is - SBS7964203

Would just be good to have an idea where it's at in the process, and why it can't be located when I try to track it via the website....

Thanks

Lindy
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

I've sent you a PM PjWhit. 

-    Regards

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Daneekacody

Are you able to check mine also please? It says it's been completed since the 22nd but have no idea if it's been shipped or anything. I still haven't ricieved it 

1-570175741338

Lindy
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Daneekacody

I've sent you a PM 

Enjoy your weekend. 

sharpharp

Hi

If Itrack my order on the Telstra site with 1-572837115048 it says my order is pending, but if I put SBS7968583 into the StarTrack site it says "There were no tracking numbers found that match the number you have entered". Can you please tell me the status of the order? I ordered online on the 16th September. 

Thanks.

Dani39
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi sharpharp

1-572837115048 is the reference that will work on the Star Track website if the order has been processed. If it is still Pending, there could be a good chance it is on back order.

If you call our Online Shop team on 1300 131 113 they can investigate further. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit