Level 4: Private Eye

iPhone Call Forward App Please

Answered

Telstra, please get someone to create an all-encompassing “Official Telstra” iPhone App for setting call forwarding.  I’ve spent a ridiculous amount of time and had to speak to 3 people yesterday morning to set up my Memo service and Call Forwarding for it.

I know there are codes but I remember the good old days of the not-so-smartphone that would allow you to set up your diverts (either on or off), check settings, at your whim, with ease and to any number you want.  You could even set the amount of time before the phone diverted.  And, almost forgot, it would also put the country code and area code in for you where necessary.  For example +61 102 or +61 2 9999999

Also, I’m curious why the Telstra site has only 3 types of call divert; Immediate, Busy and No Answer.

I recall there used to be about 5 types of call divert; Immediate, No Answer, When Busy, Unreachable and some other one – can’t remember what it was called.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: iPhone Call Forward App Please

Hi Remark,

One option is to save contacts in your phone that have the Call Forward code as its number.

The number format & codes are:

** FORWARDING CODE * PHONE NUMBER (Including area code) #

Forwarding Type

Forwarding Code

Call Forward Unconditional (all calls)
Call Forward No Reply
Call Forward Unreachable
Call Forward Busy

So if I wanted to set it to forward all calls to my MessageBank the code would be **21*101#

More information on Call Forwarding can be found here.

Cheers,

Ben B
Telstra Digital Sales & Service

Have you checked out the Community Guidelines or the Community Knowledge Base lately?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Level 1: Cadet

Hello;

You just need to open your Settings on your iPhone and set it up.

Settings - Phone - Call Forwarding, and slide the slider to ON and enter a phone number you wish to divert your calls to.

That forwards all calls.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi Remark,

One option is to save contacts in your phone that have the Call Forward code as its number.

The number format & codes are:

** FORWARDING CODE * PHONE NUMBER (Including area code) #

Forwarding Type

Forwarding Code

Call Forward Unconditional (all calls)
Call Forward No Reply
Call Forward Unreachable
Call Forward Busy

So if I wanted to set it to forward all calls to my MessageBank the code would be **21*101#

More information on Call Forwarding can be found here.

Cheers,

Ben B
Telstra Digital Sales & Service

Have you checked out the Community Guidelines or the Community Knowledge Base lately?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Level 22: Superhuman

remark wrote:
I recall there used to be about 5 types of call divert; Immediate, No Answer, When Busy, Unreachable and some other one – can’t remember what it was called.
Have a look on Wikipedia, then, and let us know what the fifth one supposedly was/is.
——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.

Have a look on Wikipedia, then, and let us know what the fifth one supposedly was/is.

Yeah, I had a look there, but no good.  I think I’ll have to drag out the old Nokia.

I think it might explain where the below fits into the picture though.  Correct?

“If you have a GSM phone, simply call **004*102# and your phone will be set-up to correctly

divert to Memo while you're in Australia. Save this number in your phone's address book for

future reference.”

Taken from Mobile Memo User Guide

I still want my all encompassing Call Forward AppSmiley Frustrated

Level 22: Superhuman

remark wrote:
I think I’ll have to drag out the old Nokia.

Please do. You have pique my curiosity with your insistence. Robot tongue

If you have a GSM phone, simply call **004*102# and your phone will be set-up to correctly

divert to Memo while you're in Australia.

That simply sets Forward-on-Busy, Forward-on-No-Answer, and Forward-on-Unreachable (i.e. all three types of conditional forwarding) to the number 102 (i.e. the Telstra Memo Service) simultaneously, but it is not a logically different type of call forwarding in itself.

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.

Unfortunately can't get at the Nokia at the moment otherwise, believe me, I would have looked by now.Smiley Wink

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit