Kippy23
Level 2: Rookie

IPhone needs unblocking

My IMEI number is REMOVED this iphone was a gift for my granddaughter tried to put her sim card in it an it would work rang apple an they said that the phone is blocked can you please unblock it for me please.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Kippy23

Re: IPhone needs unblocking

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

When you mean it is blocked, I assume you mean it is network locked.
Was it purchased from Telstra, and which model iPhone is it?
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Kippy23

Yes it was purchase from Telstra an it model iphone 4 I think just need to reset it
ForensicsGuru
Level 21: Augmented

iPhone 4? Are you sure - that's something like close to 10 years old and not supported by anyone...
DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.
Jupiter

Yeah, it's an iPhone 4. I checked the IMEI before I got it removed from the original post.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Jupiter

Got to telstra.com/unlock and follow the prompts to get it unlocked.
Kippy23

Had gone to telstra unlock they are having problem do I keep trying
Jupiter

If the site isn't working, try calling 125 8880 and see if the Unlocking Team there can assist.
Kippy23

Is this an Australia number as I live in New Zealand the phone was given to my grand daughter
Jupiter

Yes, it's an Australian number, as that's where Telstra operates. Did you buy the phone from Telstra, or TelstraClear (in NZ). TelstraClear is now Vodafone NZ, so you may need to contact them.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit