Mthomas6288
Level 2: Rookie

iPhone order confirmation and how long for back orders

Hello, I received an email with a sbs number telling me my order had been confirmed and that my 128gb iPhone 6s plus was on back order.
I phone telstra support to see if they could give me an insight into how long generally I may have to wait before my order is sent to me and after she checked my sbs number I was told that my order hasn't actually been approved yet.
So I would like to confirm whether my order really has been confirmed, why the email said it had been but support said it hadnt and if it has been was wondering how long exactly this back order may take before I receive my new phone. Estimated times like 1 week? 3weeks?
Thank you.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
18 REPLIES 18
Mthomas6288

Re: iPhone order confirmation and how long for back orders

My sbs number is SBS7986939 if you require that.
Angela_H
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Mthomas6288,

That order shows that it was only placed today. It will be around 24-48 hours until it's loaded into our main system and we can tell you more re the back order. 

Once that's the case you can contact us via our secure live chat service and we can investigate further http://tel.st/49kl

Angela 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Mthomas6288

Thank you, will check back in a day or so. Just mainly worried because the lady I spoke to at support had told me that it hasn't been approved yet the confirmation email I got said my order was confirmed. I don't want the hassle of waiting and then realising that something has gone wrong as many other customers seem to be having problems with the online ordering.
Angela_H
Support Team
Support Team

The fact you got that message means nothings 'gone wrong' , the order has started the first part of the processing. The order is still with the online store only at this stage you see, hence why it's not available in all our systems readily at this stage. 

Angela

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

DavidShadi87
Level 1: Cadet

Hi just wondering about the status of my order. I placed an online order on the 23rd Sept 2015 and my online order number is SBS7977146. It has been some time and it is still pending as a back order. Could you please let me know if it has been approved or a time frame of when I'm likely to get the phone if it has already been approved. I'm a new customer to Telstra and hoping to have a smooth entry into the Telstra family. Thank you
Ashley
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi DavidShadi87,

The timeframe for the delivery for a phone on back order will depend on when we get more stock delivered, so we can't really give you an estimate. If there are any issues with your order we will be in touch with you to let you know what is happening and what we need to do to get your order completed.

DavidShadi87

Would it be best to change colour or perhaps change to a 6s 128gb non plus for a better chance of being in stock? Also how do I know if I've been approved otherwise I'm waiting in vain. Thanks again
Ashley
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

The colour won't make a difference for the iPhone 6s Plus, all colours are on back order at the moment, so changing colours would mean going back to the end of the queue. It looks like we do have stock available for the iPhone 6s in all colours at the moment, so you may be able to get your phone quicker by switching to the 6s. If you are approved, you will get confirmation for your delivery, but we will only otherwise contact you with a weekly update to let you know how we are progressing with your order. If there are any issues though, we will get in touch with you to let you know that there is a problem.

DavidShadi87

That sounds great. Well are you able to switch my order to a 6s 128GB Rose Gold on the same plan (non plus) as discussed since you have them in stock? I would be happier if it was swapped over and therefore have a new iPhone sooner. Could this be arranged through you by any chance please?
Lindy
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi David Shadi87

To make any changes to your order, you would need to speak with our Online Store by calling 1300131113, as they are the team managing the orders. 

Regards 

DavidShadi87

Thank you 🙂
Mthomas6288

Still unable to search for my number online. It just says if your order was placed within the last 24 hours it may not be available yet.
Kind of frustrating as its been well over 24 hours, and I have been on hold to telstra for the last 44 minutes just to try and change the colour of the phone I ordered.
Ashley
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Mthomas6288,

Have you been able to speak with us now to change the colour of phone and confirm your order?

Mthomas6288

Still unable to confirm order other then the first email I received from the online store with sbs number, as for colour apparently I would have to lodge a new order and cancel the old one for that to happen so I think I'll just stick with the one i have already ordered
ConK
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

I have seen this 1 other time, the SBS has not registered on our system for you to track ( to short ) , however don't fear your order is still going on. Call the 1300 number you have been given and ask for your order number 1-xxxx then you can use our online tracker to track it.

Thanks

Mthomas6288

Ok just received a text message just then which says

Your Telstra mobile order has been stopped. Please call us on 1800 096 566 for more information.

Can you confirm if this has happened and why it has happened?
ConK
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

No sorry I cannot confirm via this medium sorry, tried calling the number. ?

Mthomas6288

Well I have tried but it says
'Unfortunately the centre that takes this call is closed, please try again during buisness hours'
Absolutely ridiculous to send me a message that says that at 9pm on a Friday night.
Very disappointed in the service I have received from telstra.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit