AlvisR
Level 1: Cadet

iPhone XS black death

Answered

Apple iPhone XS, purchased in Feb/2019 (24-month plan). I haven't had any issues until on 1st Sep 2020 it just died., I barely heard my early morning alarm thought it wasn't charged properly. nope, it's just dead. tried all of those reboot/force reboot methods. didn't work anything. I remember there was IOS 13.7 released on the same day, I doubt it was some kind of firmware damaged or black death or something.  Reported to Telstra then returned the phone it came back as it was water damaged. and one of the rude Telstra customer consultants has told me that can be due to moisture in my palm when I mentioned that I am very careful with my devices and never had water damaged.  

I didn't know until now I signed up for this product "Telstra New Phone Feeling " when I could have gone for a new device in 12months without paying the remaining device fee. well, then March / 2020 with the Covid pandemic who would have thought about a phone.

Now, even though am a long-term ( since 2000) Loyal Telstra customer I am out of warranty due to a faulty Apple product. 

This was reported on the 2nd of Sep, Still no resolution, and these Manila-based call centers get disconnecting during calls and never return calls back. return numbers always say "unfortunately center is closed".

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Greg_Buch
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: iPhone XS black death

HI AlvisR, certainly not what we want happening for you and I trust the replacement can be arranged for you soon. With the social distancing measures in our centres we’re currently prioritising calls from our medical priority assistance customers and might not be able to get to all customer calls that are made to us. If you're not able to get through on a call you may receive a notification directing to our online support teams who can access accounts and help with any questions or problems from there.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Greg_Buch
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

HI AlvisR, certainly not what we want happening for you and I trust the replacement can be arranged for you soon. With the social distancing measures in our centres we’re currently prioritising calls from our medical priority assistance customers and might not be able to get to all customer calls that are made to us. If you're not able to get through on a call you may receive a notification directing to our online support teams who can access accounts and help with any questions or problems from there.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

AlvisR

Update: 

approached Apple as advised by a local staff member in Melbourne. Apple technician carried out some troubleshooting steps over the chat. There was no luck as the phone is dead. Apple organized a further review with its authorized workshop CompNow.

the result came as it's a manufacturing defect.

This is contradicting to what Telstra Device Care Team have written to me.

"We have gone through the assessment process and has confirmed with the maker that it’s not a manufacturing defect, Therefore, Telstra and Apple has no liability - Telstra Technician"

bottom line: when your gut says you are damn right, always stand up for what you believe in when it's right!

the matter is with Telstra now and informed to TIO.

AlvisR

Thanks, @Greg_Buch . as mentioned. one of the gentlemen approached me. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit