Georgette1
Level 1: Cadet

Lost text messages

Answered
Hey I was overseas and had to get my phone restored. I lost all my message threads is there any way I can get these back through Telstra? I don’t think they were backed up to iCloud. Everything else photos contacts etc came back through iCloud but not my message threads. Is there anyway I can these back I will even pay Telstra.

Thank you
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Lost text messages

No, unfortunately once an SMS is delivered it is deleted from the system.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Jupiter
Accepted Solution

No, unfortunately once an SMS is delivered it is deleted from the system.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Georgette1
Level 1: Cadet

Or is it possible to get my phone records with the numbers I have text messaged ?
Dani39
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi @Georgette1, apologies for the delay in replying. 

If you log in to My Account and head to your usage history you can download an itemised excel file that contains all a list of numbers texted in the selected time-frame. This won't contain the actual messages sent, but will show who they were sent to at what time.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

ForensicsGuru
Level 21: Augmented

If you are talking about SMS messages, the other people answered that correctly. All I can add is that the SMS system is not very reliable and actually messages get deleted from servers after certain time even if they were not delivered.
However, if you are talking about iMessages than it depends on your iCloud settings...
DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit