Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Major confusion on account.

Ok, so don't want to enter this forum as an absolute whinger but after a year of nothing but stress free experience with Telstra, things have finally changed and now can't seem to get a straight answer out of anyone.

Have spoken with several people on the phone at Telstra last night for 3 to 4 hours.

I'll start from the beginning:

Last week upgraded my phone and plan to a 5s and kept the same everyday connect $60 plan with the same number.

Was sent the new phone with a new sim card but was told to keep using my old sim, easy enough.

Get a call on Tuesday this week explaining my old sim would be switched over to the new one about half an hour after the call, sweet, put it in and presto got the signal and all seemed fine.

Get a text from Telstra yesterday, same number I get my usage alerts from, that tells me my new plan has a data allowance of 0kb. Weird seeing as though it's supposed to be 1GB.

So my first call to Telstra starts, speak to Marco, who was quite hepful but didn't really resolve anything. He says everything looks fine on his end and just to ignore the text. Ok no problem, thinking this would be the end of it.

Wrong.

I start up my Telstra 24/7 app and see there is a $150 data charge from th 1st October, weird I think. Knowing if I've gone over my allocated 1GB for the month, it is charged at 10 cents per MB. The session in question was 77MB which should make the charge about $7.70 I'm assuming.

So I give Telstra another call and proceed to be directed from billing back to technical but 5-6 times. No problem, I've got time and really want to sort this out. They all kept telling me I've gone over my allocated data, which I know, but then explain to them the massive charge for 77MB of data, which then gets their attention. Then they tell me there's a charge on the folowing day on my excess data usage is now due to cost me $480.

After a lot of time spent on hold I finally speak to ART, yes awesome name I know, and he tells me finally that something looks a little weird. He says this new order , being my new 5s and new sim card, is still down as "incomplete" on the system and the sim is still "provisioning", weird I tell him as I can still make and receive calls?

He tells me I'm being charged the PAYG rate for data as the new plan isn't in effect and doesn't include any data. Says I will NOT be charged this $480 as it's clearly an error on their end (hoping he is not fibbing)

So now I'm forced to turn of cellular data until this is resolved (not happy but will do it just to ease the pain)

He says he can't put it down as complete and we must simply wait for it to switch over. I tell him we should probably escalate it and get it resolved sooner than later, and he tells me if it hasn't switched by Monday he will be giving me a call and THEN escalating it.

I tell him we need to do it now as I can't even access voicemail via calling or by messagebank plus, which I have aways had, and he says this would be because of the "incomplete order".

So my reason for this novel is I want someone, who can actually do something, to either look at this or get in contact with me and sort this out ASAP. Love the coverage with Telstra and everything else about the service, just really looking at getting my plan back to normal.

Thanks you in advance Telstra!!!!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Major confusion on account.

Hi,

That is definitely not a great experience. Has this been sorted out for you now? If not let me know and I will follow up what needs to be done to get this corrected for you.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Hi Ashley,

thank for the reply.

No, nothing has been sorted out as yet. Still seeing those bogus charges on my account online and still can't get my voicemail happening.

The "incomplete" order seems to be the main problem here.

Any help you could give would be great.

thanks,

Evan

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Evan,

I have just sent you a private message so I can look into this for you.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit