enuenu
Level 1: Cadet

MessageBank busy greeting not working

The MessageBank busy greeting doesn't work. I recorded a busy greeting in mailbox setup. However if I'm on the phone when another call comes in, the second caller hears a ring tone for about 10-15 sec then they get my normal greeting, not the busy greeting telling them I'm on another call.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: MessageBank busy greeting not working

Yes, that seems to be a common occurrence at the moment.

Personally, I just use one greeting that tells them that I can't take their call at the moment and I'll get back to them as soon as possible.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Dowser
Level 21: Augmented

Are you using Visual Voicemail on your iPhone?.

enuenu

Thanks. Never heard of Visual Voicemail. I'll do some Googling. Strange that this basic VoiceMail functionality doesn't just work without fiddling around.

Dowser

Visual Voicemail is a visual representation of your MessageBank messages, shown in the Voicemail tab of the phone app on the iPhone. It has handy functionality.

It is usually enabled on your mobile service by Telstra Support.

My reason for asking whether you had it enabled was Visual Voicemail appears to only support one recorded message to greet callers directed to Voicemail in the various scenarios - busy, no answer etc.

enuenu

Thanks, I'll check if it's enabled and if so, try disabling it. It's a work phone so I'll check in about 12 hours 👍

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit