Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

microsim activation

I still don't have my micro sim card activated after ringing the activation centre 10 days ago,(I bought a new iphone outright keeping the same number). I have made countless calls to Telstra technical support and activation centre so far 5 people where supposed to ring me back an haven't-

I now feel my  activation is lost in the system.

Does anyone out there know how to speak to someone in Australia and get some sense about my situation please.   

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Alumni (Retired)

Re: microsim activation

@unhooked wrote:

I still don't have my micro sim card activated after ringing the activation centre 10 days ago,(I bought a new iphone outright keeping the same number). I have made countless calls to Telstra technical support and activation centre so far 5 people where supposed to ring me back an haven't-

I now feel my  activation is lost in the system.

Does anyone out there know how to speak to someone in Australia and get some sense about my situation please.   

I'm not sure how much they can help, but LiveChat is based in Australia - https://livechat.telstra.com/TCOM:Crowdsupport:Consumer

I'm assuming you were already a Telstra Customer, and just required a change of SIM Card. This should be a relativley simple process, perhaps you can pop into your nearest Telstra Store and see if they can sort out a new SIM for you.

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Highlighted

Thanks Ben I have been to aTelsra store a couple of times, the last 8 days ago the chap there spent an hour on the phone to someone about it and it just keeps comming up as a fault. Yes I have been a Telstra customer for life and one off the worst things is nobody returns calls like they say they will. I have been told it takes 10 minutes to 24 hours for an activation.

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

In these circumstances, Telstra Stores should be replacing the Micro-SIM if faulty.

Unhooked - I've sent you a private message to hopefully resolve your issues.

CrowdSurfer

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Thank you all for your help I now have activation.

uhooked

Highlighted

What's the activation number?

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit