freshprince19
Level 2: Rookie

MMS HELP?!?!??!!?

Answered
I CAN'T RECEVE PICTURE MESSAGES! I have to go to some Telstra site and write in a username thing and password. I read some other suggestions about how to fix it. One was the text a picture to 176677 or something and it should fix it. I tried that and I still got the same message when someone sends me a picture. The second suggestion was to go to the Mobile set up page on Telstra and write in your mobile number and then they SMS a password and I did that and got to the next page where it says. Check your info and make sure your mobile is switched on. And then press send. I couldn't find the send button....? what do I do? It's an iPhone 3GS and I can send photos but not receive.. Please help me! It's really annoying!!!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: MMS HELP?!?!??!!?

Firstly, in case you weren't aware IF YOU TYPE ALL CAPITALS YOU ARE SCREAMING. That said, lets continue.

You need to send a MMS to 176667 (not 176677) and you should receive a MMS back.

Failing that, you may need to contact Telstra (LiveChat are usually helpful) who can check the codes on your service.

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Firstly, in case you weren't aware IF YOU TYPE ALL CAPITALS YOU ARE SCREAMING. That said, lets continue.

You need to send a MMS to 176667 (not 176677) and you should receive a MMS back.

Failing that, you may need to contact Telstra (LiveChat are usually helpful) who can check the codes on your service.

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

View solution in original post

freshprince19

I was meant to be screaming cause its been going on for ages and nothing has worked. I'm aware of that.

and also I know the number but. Couldn't remember it. I've that's the mms to 176667 (still can't remember the number) but I didn't get one back. I will try again... 

And if that doesn't work I will contact telstrTan banks for your help! 🙂 Smiley Tongue

freshprince19

Because*
freshprince19

Thank you so much, the number I used last time was correct but it didn't work last time. It has worked this time and I got a photo and a video back. 🙂 and I'm receiving pictures now
wiccabird
Level 1: Cadet

Hi, I'm using a samsung flip phone from years ago so I need to go to the website to view pics. The password will always work unless it starts with a "0". Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Steph
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Is there any chance it's the letter O instead of a 0 or vice versa?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit