Level 2: Rookie

Mobile Internet

I have an issue with my mobile internet speed (Currently 0.50 - 1.5 Gbps). My data usage suggests that I have been slowed to 1.5 Gbps due to 'going over'. Problem is that I have 'not' gone over and I still have ample data left in my billing cycle. I contacted Telstra on Chat and the technician ran me through the basic protocols (which I had already tried) and was unable to find a solution. He told me he would look into it and to leave the chat window open, he would get back to me. Unfortunately after approximately 4 hours, nothing. It seems to me that all that needs to be done is to 'untick' a 'box' which shouldn't have been ticked in the first place. Perhaps a little simplistic because I don't know how 'slowing' internet speed works. I'm a little upset that the technician left me hanging but I'm more concerned about finding a solution to the problem than anything else. Thank-you in advance for any assistance which might be offered to resolve this issue.

Cheers, Bennett.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Mobile Internet

It would be 1.5Mbps (nobody would be complaining about getting 1.5Gbps speeds).

You will need to wait for the consultant to get back to you. Unfortunately, it won't be as simple as ticking a box, as it it not a selectable option for the consultants, it sounds like there is a fault in the system that has triggered it and that would require the back end techs to resolve it.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

I stand corrected, I did mean 1.5 Mbps. Thank-you for the quick response. Hopefully they are working on resolving the issue for me. I will update the forum, if and when this is resolved or needs to be escalated.

Cheers, Bennett.

@Jupiter wrote:

You will need to wait for the consultant to get back to you. Unfortunately, it won't be as simple as ticking a box, as it it not a selectable option for the consultants, it sounds like there is a fault in the system that has triggered it and that would require the back end techs to resolve it.

@Jupiter wrote:

Hi, I am still waiting for someone to get back to me. My issue has not been resolved, neither have I received any correspondence from Telstra regarding this problem. My download speed is still capped at 1.5 Mbps and I have only used 9% of my allotted data. I would like to get this fixed as soon as possible. Thank-you in advance for any assistance you can offer to resolve this issue. 

Bennett.

You need to get back on the My Telstra app and ask what is happening.  Nothing can be done through Crowdsupport. 

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Hi, quick update. I worked out my issue. It was MY error. I was reading the the message of being slowed incorrectly. The message is in brackets under my data usage to let me know that my data speed will be slowed if I exceed my quota.. as opposed to being charged for Extra data. There WAS no problem to begin with. I worked it out by looking at the details of my account. Thought I'd let you know. Cheers.

Bennett.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit