DanniTee
Level 1: Cadet

My iPhone 7 plus updated to IOS14.3 and now I cannot access my Personal Hotspot.

Answered

Where I used to be able to access the 'Personal Hotspot' Option, it is no longer there on the settings screen, I now click on 'Mobile' and there is an option there to 'Set Up Personal Hotspot", when I click on that option it comes up with a notification screen saying 'Set Up Personal Hotspot', and underneath in the notification box it says I am to contact Telstra to enable this on my account.  I have spoken to Telstra and they do not know what to do - they suggested Apple - but it isn't an Apple problem.  I have reset  the Network Settings, and then have also tried a full factory reset, but to no avail.  Does anyone have any ideas? Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: My iPhone 7 plus updated to IOS14.3 and now I cannot access my Personal Hotspot.

Change the APN to telstra.iph and it should start working again.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Jupiter
Accepted Solution

Re: My iPhone 7 plus updated to IOS14.3 and now I cannot access my Personal Hotspot.

Change the APN to telstra.iph and it should start working again.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

DanniTee
Level 1: Cadet

You BEAUTY!!!! Thank you !!!! We have Hotspot back!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit