Level 1: Cadet

My Telstra App not working with iPhone 12

I have the iPhone 12 and the App is not working. This is the message I Receive when I try to log in. I have been told that the app may not be compatible with the new IOS. Anyone else having this problem and does anyone have any idea when it will be fixed? It's pretty unbelievable that they have allowed this to happen considering they are advertising the phones on their network. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
11 REPLIES 11
Level 1: Cadet

Re: My Telstra App not working with iPhone 12

I’m sorry I can’t help as I too am having the same problem with this mytelstra app on my iPhone XS Max. The app lodes okay but there is NO text? I am unable to use or navigate this app without the text? I have deleted & reinstalled I have signed in & out & in again but it still has no text? It works perfectly fine on my iPab? TELSTRA after sales customer service is totally crap! The Offshore business model putting the call centre operators under the pump servicing many customers at the same time is dare I say  I have had to wait up to 10 hours to sort out another issue in the past. I spend thousands of dollars each year with Telstra and I feel a little disappointed in how they operate lately but living in a remote regional location I have no other choice. Sorry about the rant. Merry Christmas to one and all

Level 7: Deputy Inspector

I am encountering similar - I cannot see the user details on the several phones on my account.  Running latest IOS on a 12.

Old IT/Comms curmudgeon - did tech support for Alcatel System 12 Exchanges in my day - designed a bunch of stuff for Optus.
Support Team
Support Team

Hey @MisterQ, We’re looking into this at the moment. Hopefully we’ll have more info soon. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Level 2: Rookie

Im having the similar problem in that I just get an error message "Something went wrong" when trying to check any details like data usage etc.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Coolbanana, if you're still experiencing this issue can I just confirm if this is for NBN or internet usage? If so and you are on an unlimited data plan usage for these plans may not be available over the app.  

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Looking into this as of a month ago - no update - raised it via Chat function - yup, it's a problem - will get back to you. That was the last I heard - about a month ago. 

Old IT/Comms curmudgeon - did tech support for Alcatel System 12 Exchanges in my day - designed a bunch of stuff for Optus.
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks, MisterQ. Is this while looking for home broadband usage, or logging into the site?

Ok, Full explanation - again. My Telstra app on an 128GB iPhone 12 running IOS 14.3 (latest) - have tried removing and reinstalling the app, just to see if that had impact. Nope. We have five mobile services plus internet , plus home phone, plus IOT (xbox), plus Telstra air  listed on the app.  all of the mobiles except for one come up as "Something went wrong" "We're having trouble showing your data usage for this device please try again in a few minutes " "refresh now" - Of course, a few minutes, is meaningless - it's been months, The other mobile, the most recent change (from an unlimited plan to a a medium *80GB") plan - shows the "data" and "days" except the data hasn't changed a bit (it's down to 8 days left, and is still at 0MB of 80GB used. The Internet usage for the home (NBN FTTC) service show data unlimited and used of 0GB with 8 days left.

Support Team
Support Team

Thanks. Can you see those missing usage details when you log in via https://tel.st/cmghq on PC/Desktop? - Matthew. 

No, I cannot see the details logging in via the web site. ( also noted that on the phone the Telstra plus gold points show as 81,354), and on the web app as 84230). 

Support Team
Support Team

Thanks. There's definitely a known issue with this, at our end. We'll have that data displaying correctly in both the app and via the site, as soon as possible. Thanks again for your patience. - Matthew.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit