AxL1960
Level 1: Cadet

MyTelstra app not showing my mobile

Answered

Physical sim Telstra, Esim Voda in my iPhone 12. Telstra sim not showing up as a service despite requesting it be added and restarting app and phone, and reinstalling app. Pointless having the appโ€ฆ any suggestions? I see the last person to add such a question back in Septemberโ€™20 got zero responses.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: MyTelstra app not showing my mobile

Telstra's software could be "tricked" by "seeing" a Vodafone sim ???

That seems to be the variable.

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Sign in to My Telstra via the telstra.com website and then add your service to your Telstra ID. Then log in to the My Telstra app on your mobile using the same Telstra ID.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Dowser
Level 21: Augmented

How did you request for it to be added?.

WillowR
Support Team
Support Team

Hey AxL1960, can you see the service in your online MyAccount: https://tel.st/pcsbh4 ? Just wondering if it's an account based problem, or if it's the app.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Telstra's software could be "tricked" by "seeing" a Vodafone sim ???

That seems to be the variable.

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"

View solution in original post

Jupiter

It shouldn't if they are logging into the app.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
AxL1960

Thanks all responders ๐Ÿ™‚

Firstly, apologies but I forgot to mention the Telstra SIM is a prepay.

It doesn't appear as a service on my Telstra account (I have a current one) and I asked for it to be added via the website and app (nothing to say it can't be added). So far still not showing.

EXCEPT... it does turn up when I disable the Voda SIM and then restart the MyTelstra app. When I re-enable the Voda eSIM it stays put on the services list but only for a short while. I notice it's now gone again. So perhaps because it's not the primary number (I use it as a backup for bad coverage Voda areas) the app doesn't want to know.

Nice hint for the app developers to sort that out perhaps, I doubt I'm alone with this setup.

Cheers!

Dowser

You can report that to the My Telstra team using the webpage

Jupiter

If you do not have your service associated with your Telstra ID and you have not logged into the app using your Telstra ID and your Vodafone SIM is active as the primary service, then the app cannot get the details of your service to display it.

Did you log in to My Telstra via the website, go to the Services tab, scroll to the bottom and click on the "Can't see one of your services? Get help" tab and add the service? Or did you go into chat to ask a Customer Service Rep to do it?

AxL1960

Both ๐Ÿ˜„

just had a reply, working thru it now

Set it & forget it

With direct debit thereโ€™s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit